Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, Invidiosulus said:

AQI is back down in the 60’s this morning.

not ideal but better than the past few days.

I picked up some lamb yesterday from a friend of mine who runs a meat processing business with his dad.

Actually, an entire sheep’s worth of meat so that’s what we will be eating on for a while.

I can already tell the cuts are better and way cheaper than anything like it from the grocery store.

Last night I made some lamb ragù with a couple pounds of the ground meat.

IMG_1005.thumb.jpeg.4bb4e8c23242eaa4d1cff34d1ed3c55f.jpeg

IMG_1010.thumb.jpeg.22a3363e60d6ed7aa05dac7d1d2b6d8c.jpeg

Le Creuset ?!

Cast Iron, enamelled

Good Choice. 🙂

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Marvel said:

The advantage, if you like it, is after acquiring housing, is you can pretty easily live on 15-20k a year.

That's a plus for sure in today's economy.  An area rich in heritage has a coolness factor, the views would work too.  Food courts would be fun but it sure would be a summertime bummer w/all the rain.  Once you get the gear there you could hang in your happy place.  That's what life's supposed to be isn't it?  Just that one visual though...  The learning curve you'd have to adapt to.  Otherwise, it would be a cool life adventure w/the one you love.  Simple!

Pour Water Out Of Boot Storming GIF - Pour Water Out Of Boot Storming Raining GIFs      :)

• Like 1

IMG_1010.thumb.jpeg.22a3363e60d6ed7aa05dac7d1d2b6d8c.jpeg

That looks killer!

Every Christmas a local farmer who worked w/me would bring in lamb to share.  His family raised lambs for years takin home the coveted blue ribbon yearly @ the county fair.  lol  His girls and other kids who liked those lil lambs @ the fair were always welcome to come out to his farm and help raise them for their 4-H project.  Great family of just good people.

He had finally got me to try it years ago and I was amazed at how good it was.  Every year when I was out on my Christmas walkabout he made sure to save me some.  It quickly became the first stop on my hit list. 

Good stuff especially w/those red peppers on the bread.  Slept till 11 this morning after having two last nite before bed.  Maybe I've found something better than melotonin, which doesn't do squat imo.  lol  Sure looks good though.  :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

No sleep. ??

Beer works for me

Everytime. 😀

The old diabetic hasn't really had a beer in 20+ years.  Maybe a Heineken once in a while or a TALL glass of scotch neat on spatial occasions.  You're spot on though.  Schiit happens and ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

• Like 2

Does look good again, and made better by beating the price at the grocery stores. Man, I got the document from my bank that the realtors call proof of funds. Talked to a mortgage guy there yesterday. Nice fella but he quoted a small loan for a long period of time. Said it was six and a half percent. I say bullya! It had me paying them back twice as much as I borrowed and then some. That sounds like 110% to me! ain't going to happen!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@JohnJ don't chomp down on that cyanide capsule just yet.  Let things marinate  a while cause it always sorts!  😂  

Now to check my lottery ticket from last night.  Then I can make ANOTHER trip for that coveted 3$ ticket for tonights drawing.  People coming outta the woodwork here buying tickets.  It only takes one.  A 3$ winner always torques those high rollers so there's that!  😂

• Like 2

• Moderators

OK I know I'm old but what is this "realfeel" thing about ?

Is the woke way of describing the weather ?

If you tell the temp, humidity and wind speed you can guess how it's going to feel, or is it for the same people who require that metal tag on my woodstove that say Caution Hot?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

OK I know I'm old but what is this "realfeel" thing about ?

Is the woke way of describing the weather ?

If you tell the temp, humidity and wind speed you can guess how it's going to feel, or is it for the same people who require that metal tag on my woodstove that say Caution Hot?

It’s like windchill with more variables thrown into the mix.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@the real Duke Spinner

Ive got a bunch of Lodge cast iron stuff.

I use stainless pots for boiling water for noodles.

I also have a carbon steel frying pan that is pretty great, it’s thinner and lighter than the cast iron pans but it seasons well and has the same natural non stick capability and is perfect for cooking eggs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the real Duke Spinner said:

I have some Lodge stuff. 🙂

As well as some Amazon knock off enameled cast iron.... will not cook with anything else ...Stainless Steel suxx the Weiner. 🙄

30 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

@the real Duke Spinner

Ive got a bunch of Lodge cast iron stuff.

I use stainless pots for boiling water for noodles.

I also have a carbon steel frying pan that is pretty great, it’s thinner and lighter than the cast iron pans but it seasons well and has the same natural non stick capability and is perfect for cooking eggs.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/175292-anyone-here-cook-pots-and-pans-discussion/#comment-2251129

• Like 3

@the real Duke Spinner I've had some decent luck with a set of 3 ply stainless steel. If it gets scratched inside... that's another story. 

Use the cast iron for eggs, cornbread and searing meat mostly.

My sandwich sized carbon steel pan is everything that I'd wished the stainless was. Got wet in storage and stayed that way for 18 months. No, I had nothing to do with that except trusting that person. It's not pretty, but I cleaned and re-seasoned it and it works like new!

• Like 2

Yup, just as I expected yesterday.   AC ran allll nite properly and I woke up at 11:45.  lolol

Not much happened in the hood.  Got the yard mowed before the front that came thru last night.  Some nice rain to knock the wildfire smoke down a bit.  Mid to upper 70's today sooo we'll see what the day brings.   :)

• Like 1