Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

18 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

There was a small fire on the wildlife refuge. Guessing about 9 sq miles

Sure hope it stays small.  It's getting crazy everywhere.  Sad to see imo.  About 87 here in Duckburg and IF we're lucky we'll get some rain.  Fronts kinda slidin a few miles north of us but we'll see.  Humidity is off the charts so maybe.  Then right back up there.  Yup, NWS just issued a severe thunderstorm warning but it's just sunny and warm now.  Catching this guy next Wednesday night.  Kickin back a bit in my old age but the song applies.  lol

:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hit around 100`. Clouded up. Rained and hailed -- enough to cover the ground - with dime size. Temp dropped to 60`. We got  about 1 inch of precip.

it's back up to 75` and quite comfortable. Sun is setting under the clouds, lighting up the sky with a classic AZ sunset.

the rain brought up the toads. It's gonna be like a night in the swamp. They will be/are singing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Sounds like you got wet and the toads are singin in the rain.  Would be nice if every place out there got some rain from the sound of things.  Hot and dry or toads?  i'd take the toads.

We have a wet period w/lots of rain and max 62F in my area, after some dry and hot weeks , it´s main vacation time in germany till end of august , lot´s germans stay in germany at the northsea or eastsea or the netherland beaches, or they travell to the black forests or in the forests from bavaria as it´s too hot in italy , spain and many other south european countries they have around 105 > 113 F , that´s no fun at all , their landscapes´ re so dry they look close to a steppe or desert

12 hours ago, MicroMara said:

looks like this in AZ ?

Gonna toss this in just cause I've seen them.  Ahhhhh mazing!  Think that shot is lookin out his back door if my memory serves me correctly.  

:)

Day at a time and heal George.  More than ya know are thinkin of ya.  :)

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I think I made a new friend last night.

IMG_1057.thumb.png.d7eb0579f969bf007b88e789aa63c923.png

I went out to the local pub to cheer on my friend who was playing at the open mic night.

A young woman had her dog there and about 10 minutes into the evening the dog came over and decided to keep me company for the rest of the night.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

I'll just leave this right here since it seems you only befriended the dog...   I know you're friend killed it up there.    :)

😂

I thought I might get away with just hanging out with the dog but I decided I needed to introduce myself to the owner after she came over and sat down next to us.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Those two are always the bomb together.  Ex and I sat Row 1 center for him once.  He had some flowerd button up shirt on and his gut was hangin out.  She made it a point to tell me I'd look just like him if I were up there.  Should have spotted that MAJOR red flag then.  lol

My thoughts though on your song selection?  Just a shade above mediocrity.  Yuk,  yuk, yuk!  If I buy one shoe I ALWAYS buy the other.  Gotta step that game up brother or you'll be "Walkin the Dog" next!    😂

Themostinterestingman Yes GIF - Themostinterestingman Yes Youreright GIFs    😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bit of runnin around in the hood this morning.  Weatherman said a chance of sporadic showers.  Nothin mentioned about a 30 minute downpour that had me thinkin about building an arc. 

Picked up a pair of Hertz MPX165 speakers for the OLD Nissan's rear deck since the older daughter pointed out how great the car stereo sounded.  NOT!  She's a 2-Pac kinda girl anyway.  Blah.

Thought about doing the install myself cause it's a simple switch.  Figured I'd either get stuck in the trunk or a neighbor would walk by, see me and slam the deck lid shut.  By the time someone found me in this heat I'd be all over the inside of the trunk.  lol

A skinny midget is gonna do it tomorrow for $40.  Works for me.  lol  Thought about Focals all the way around but heck I normally cruise w/no radio anyway.  Blah.  Can do it all in the house.  Why waste the money?  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

A skinny midget is gonna do it tomorrow for $40.

that was me, at the bowling alley. Climbing around in the suspended ceiling and fun stuff like that. I could go in the front of the pinsetters [where you throw the ball to], and come out the back. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

that was me, at the bowling alley. Climbing around in the suspended ceiling and fun stuff like that. I could go in the front of the pinsetters [where you throw the ball to], and come out the back. 

I’ve done plenty of climbing around in the ceiling pulling network cabling at work in the past 25 years.

At 6’ and 180lbs I’m still the trimmest person in my dept.

My boss is 7’2” so he won’t fit anywhere but there are times he can reach in the ceiling and move stuff without needing ladder.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2