Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

27 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

High temp in Tucson has not been under 100`F [or C, feel about the same] since June 16

Gotta be miserable.  Time to shed the sarong and everything else!  Nothin to see here just move along "might" work.  Crazy. 

High of 81 here today and I'm seriously thinkin about shelving some albums and movin stuff around.  Been so long I'm getting tired of looking at all of 'em leaning on everything.

• Like 3

it's 85` and only 9:30AM.

I set the A/C, in the doghouse, to 87` and it feels GOOD.

this summer has been brutal.  Yeah Yeah... ya git that when you live in a desert....the previous record for # of days over 100`, in a row, was 39. We're on 50. Even on the odd day/s that it did rain, it was still over 100` before the rain.

I predicted a long , hot, dry summer...

sometimes being right is no fun.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

it's 85` and only 9:30AM.

I set the A/C, in the doghouse, to 87` and it feels GOOD.

this summer has been brutal.  Yeah Yeah... ya git that when you live in a desert....the previous record for # of days over 100`, in a row, was 39. We're on 50. Even on the odd day/s that it did rain, it was still over 100` before the rain.

I predicted a long , hot, dry summer...

sometimes being right is no fun.

june and early july was pretty nice but much too hot and too dry  , but since four weeks is much too cold and raining non stop, the physiotherapeutic treatments are showing their first positive effects, I have been able to halve the dosage of pain medication and can already walk better again, everything is going well

• Like 4

The temps were mostly in the upper 80s (F) for the three weeks we were in the Philippines. That was for Manila, slightly cooler in rural areas

However, the humidity was running in the mid to upper 80s as well.

The fun's over and it's back to work.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

june and early july was pretty nice but much too hot and too dry  , but since four weeks is much too cold and raining non stop, the physiotherapeutic treatments are showing their first positive effects, I have been able to halve the dosage of pain medication and can already walk better again, everything is going well

Glad to hear you are on the mend.

• Like 6

Hmmmm, strange.  Got a couple inches of rain in the rain gauge overnight.  Must have slept right thru it.  Just glanced out the back doors and by golly there were two hummingbirds workin out on my hanging baskets.  Tried the feeders long ago and gave up.  Never saw squat until a few minutes ago.  Made the coffee taste a lil better.  Strange for sure.

• Like 4

We had an absolute downpour yesterday in the middle of the combined parish picnic.

All the food and tables were set up inside the nice meeting hall that the NC cooperative extension has by the county fairgrounds so the only people who really got wet were a bunch of kids playing outside.

Today we are under a tornado watch until 6pm.

It just started getting dark outside so we might see some rain here pretty soon.

Oh yeah, I smoked about 50lbs of pork for yesterdays picnic.

once the fat rendered out and the bones were removed we probably had about 20lbs ready to eat.

It turned out pretty great.

The KofC guys got there early and cooked about 60 burgers and 60 hotdogs.

I think we had around 130 folks actually show up and by the end of the day there wasn’t too much left over.

However I did have enough for some sandwiches for lunch today.

4FA317A6-412D-4CCD-BB69-B80BC58261A6.jpeg.c1b3734da8fc262cebd7753b80eb3e1f.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Invidiosulus said:

We had an absolute downpour yesterday in the middle of the combined parish picnic.

All the food and tables were set up inside the nice meeting hall that the NC cooperative extension has by the county fairgrounds so the only people who really got wet were a bunch of kids playing outside.

It just started getting dark outside so we might see some rain here pretty soon.

once the fat rendered out and the bones were removed we probably had about 20lbs ready to eat.

I think we had around 130 folks actually show up and by the end of the day there wasn’t too much left over.

Must not be envious... must not...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Invidiosulus said:

look like grilled grasshoppers true @grasshopper   😂

grashopper.jpg.50035133d10f98014530c0230beeae23.jpg

• Haha 5