Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

11 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

We've got mid 80s here this week. It's a darn cold front on August the 1st I'll tell you!

There ya go whinin again!  August 1st?  Yay, it's payday!  Wonder just how much this Keb Mo show is gonna cost me tomorrow nite now.  Blah!  We GO!  😂💪

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, babadono said:

where is downtown for you?

Spruce Pine, NC.

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

Nothing abby-normal about that, another day at work and another 50 cents.  Crank it and relax.  Wildfires suck!  :)

Sooooo, it's Hopper is it?  Imma watchin ya man.  Imma watchin.  Cats are a dime a dozen unless ya got a "Cool Cat" like Freddie Mercury did.  He even wrote a song about him.  Yea, go check me out.  😂 

Hopper sounds like a good dog but ya have to take  into consideration the owner and the name game.  Life's a game yanno ya just play the cards you're dealt.  Don't EVEN try to slip one off the bottom of the deck cause Imma watchin that too with you.  You're smooth brother so I'm keepin an eye on you!   😂

Speaking of cats, I saw this beauty on my walk downtown getting coffee the other day.IMG_1078.thumb.jpeg.12fc14cdfb563530002af47c3d71bb47.jpeg

My dream car as a kid.  My cousin bought one in British racing green.  Yea, his ex took it in the divorce.  Always wondered what happend to it.  lolol  Hooked 'em up w/ Elton John tickets for his first US tour, the 11-17-70 tour, and she told me it was the worst show she'd ever seen and was dead serious.  Yea, show me a sign???  Seriously?  How bout a -1 cause you ain't a 10 by any means in my book!  :)

@grasshopper got any tips for @babadono when he's out swingin that weed whacker besides "FORE?"  

High of 80 today with a low of 59 here in Duckburg.  I'm chill.  Might knock out the dishes and eat sumpin now that the coffee's gone.  Food's over-rated though.  Kinda wondering now if Hopper likes table scraps or if he sits at attention patiendly waiting.  @Invidiosulus???

High of 78 here today. It sure beats the weather we had last week and makes one really appreciate the difference that 10 degrees can make.

No sign of any four legged friends when I went out to get coffee a few minutes ago.

No interesting cars either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

Hi of 78 here today. It sure beats the weather we had last week and makes one really appreciate the difference that 10 degrees can make.

No sign of any four legged friends when I went out to get coffee a few minutes ago.

No interesting cars either.

We're alllllll in it for the ride.  Some good days and some bad days.  Then there are the "other" days where you just watch it all unfold.  Ya just keep reaching for the brass ring.  :)

• Like 1

Josh, I'm looking a bit north of you tomorrow. NW VA actually in a really small burg. Not a scenic view outside the windows... but looks good inside except the kitchen from the pics. Hey I called, talked to the gal in the office... the realtor called me back!!! Yea that deserves those exclamation points. It is the third one out of about two dozen that did call.

• Like 2

Did a thang last nite and caught Keb' Mo' about 1.5 hours away.  Payin for it today too.  Sheesh sums it up.  On the SECOND pot of coffee and movin slower than slow.  It ain't pretty but not often you get a shot to see a 5 time grammy award winner.

image.png

Better get ya some is ALL I'm sayin.  :)

Duckburg is prolly still here w/a high of 80 and cool tonight.  Might just hit the gasssss in a bit.  Keepin the mugga full that's for sure.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

The walk downtown at lunch to grab a coffee was pleasant and gray.

You in my head again?  Closed the show with this one.  lol  Posted a couple pics over in vinyl record spinning.  Sound was totally spot on and it was clean as a whistle.  Totally chill.  

Beautiful night for a show and the theater renovation was outstanding.  Couldn't have asked for a better show.  

• Like 4

Even we germans know Keb´Mo´ , last german concert tour was in january 2020 . Hhmm..rain since 4 weeks here ..non stop, max 70 F , my garden looks like a jungle but can´t do a lot there . Have my first coffee mug and waiting for my todays physioterapeutic treatment at 11.20 this morning, close to three hours time ...so no stress for me ....

• Like 4

11 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Even we germans know Keb´Mo´ ,

Yea, funny that you all know him but the crazy part of it was the show didn't sell out here. 

The talk of Duckburg yesterday was "Wow Styx & Foghat were great last nite at the State Fair!"  Hot as balls and the farmers & morons loaded up to go spend big bucks?  THEN they had that coveted ticket to watch those two groups in a jam packed tin roofed sardine can?  Lawdy!  It don't take much here in Ohio.  😂   :)

Mid 80's today and headin into the dawg days of summer soon.  Talkin pushin 90 next week so here we go. 

Cops are poppin the meth boys left and right, which is a good thing imo.  Their new dawg appropriately named Capone isn't takin any prisoners.  Someone's neighbor called the cops out on a hunch and  ole Capone used that snout walkin along the side of the garage from 12' away on the neighbors property.  Got a hit, then the warrant and bingo another one bites the dust.  Exciting huh?  Blah, don't take much here.  😂

Guess Ohio is gonna vote on recreational pot in November.  Already have medical so guess we'll see how that rolls.  

Jimmy Olsen signing out!  😂

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

I bet Keb’ Mo’s show was fantastic.

It’s been raining all day here in SP with a high of 73.

Not complaining.

The walk downtown at lunch to grab a coffee was pleasant and gray.

In UpState New York we have not had more than a sprinkle in a freakIn Year. 🙄

Lakes have many feet of shoreline exposed... No rain in forecast either My well prolly will go dry ..

Again

• Sad 2

We're still having bad weather, too. More 100`+ and no rain to speak of. We have had an inch or so , since June.

My tomatoes have taken a beating. The hail took care of any fruits that were near ripe. 

Just another day here. I don't see anything. I don't hear anything. I don't know anything.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

So I gave a serious look at a conflicting place to me. Little bit bigger than I need about 1400 ft real nice log cabin with huge ceiling fans up in the *voltage ceiling above a chandelier made out of deer antlers. The wood on the back wall is diagonally placed floor and ceiling is a light gray wood walls looked a warm light, brown. Water tasted great out of the tap with the elevation there being 2500 ft. Loft is a good size for my bed and some other stuff. Basements decent. It's dry under there. That's always good.

The deal is this place literally sits on its own little 50 or 60 ft tall mountain up from the road with grass that needs to be cut on two sides that are literally about at a 60° angle. I mean that I don't think I could do right now with my lawn mower. I need tree spikes in my boots just to walk on it up and down. That and no cell phone signal are what has me conflicted. Yeah love the inside but the yard not so much.

Next Up!

Edited by JohnJ
* vaulted, Google that is vaulted your AI stinks. I know you don't like me because I turned off your news sources and I use factual ones. Guess I have to proofread everything I dictate to you
  • Like 3

Don't know much about the boosters that cell services have but then again if you're outta range it would suck.  Always a reason someone sells.  Gotta be something out there that's not crazy nuts.  I keep having visions of you wearing a sarong.  No idea where that came from.  😂

• Like 2