Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Sun's out here in Duckburg so ready for the warm-up.  Then I think it's allll gonna be down hill for a week.  Maybe a bit of Indian summer but who knows about that.

You don't even wanna talk bourbon in Ohio.  State controls it all now and dole out very few decent bottles of anything.  Buddies kid won some bourbon drawing at Christmas time last year.  Every high dollar bottle you could dream of was in that big basket.  Kids about 35 so he and his buddies got totally trashed and it was gone in no time.  Typical kid.  You just don't see anything good in any quantity at all for sale.  The pipe dream.  Sad.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ah heck, if only I could do arithmetic I would have put 17 up there instead of 13. But then again one of my acquaintances started calling me " foggy" about then:rolleyes: 

Did I mention that @Dave1291 is an alright guy? Well besides the college football and political diatribes that is:lol:

He sprung for lunch earlier, my phone takes massive pictures... I'll try to get it in here anyhow.

PXL-20231012-163336350.jpg

I'm ruined.... I tell ya!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Ah heck, if only I could do arithmetic I would have put 17 up there instead of 13. But then again one of my acquaintances started calling me " foggy" about then:rolleyes: 

Did I mention that @Dave1291 is an alright guy? Well besides the college football and political diatribes that is:lol:

He sprung for lunch earlier, my phone takes massive pictures... I'll try to get it in here anyhow.

PXL-20231012-163336350.jpg

I'm ruined.... I tell ya!

Lobster rocks JJ 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We had real long late summer temps here , even now it´s unusual warm for middle of october . All trees are still green , not much brown leaves all over , feels and looks like early september. It´s funny in all food store there´re allready christmas items  to buy ....hhhmmm not my business to early....much too early .

• Like 3

Pretty sure you put the b-52s up there @MicroMara but it doesn't play here. Man that sure was a good lunch!

I got to see a lot of colors driving through West Virginia a couple weeks ago. By the way you have to pay to drive through that freaking state The highway all the sudden turns into a toll road and you got to have your quarters ready! $12.75 to drive through!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Pretty sure you put the b-52s up there @MicroMara but it doesn't play here. Man that sure was a good lunch!

I got to see a lot of colors driving through West Virginia a couple weeks ago. By the way you have to pay to drive through that freaking state The highway all the sudden turns into a toll road and you got to have your quarters ready! $12.75 to drive through!

toll has to be paid only for the heavy trucks here in germany , in france and italy toll must be paid for all cars

• Like 3

53 and sunny here in Duckburg this morning.  Saw the "Cousins" food truck was here yesterday so I scrubbed all missions for a short road trip down for a couple lobster rolls & a couple bisque's.  Normally I could care less about those things but these guys run a first rate operation.  Pricey but good stuff.

Werkin on today's game plan.  Lil trip downtown to here my local dudes play since my buddy's back on lead after shoulder surgery.  It's a retired mailman thing.  He and his wife have been hittin the road for some great outdoor shows like Memphofest in Memphis so took some time off to heal and rehab.  Just a cover band for the most part but they're good.

@JohnJ's holdin his own.  I stumble down and he's got coffee ready so that's a plus.  He's also fun to tweek but he's catchin on to that.  No blood, no foul!   😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

our weather is almost normal.... 45` - 50` AM... 80` - 85` afternoon. Still dry... that is normal for time of year.

my other wife is home. She's gonna have to suffer my cooking until she can do it for herself. She can get around a little. I don't know how much use she has of her arm ... and I suppose it is her dominate side....knives and that kind of stuff might get dicey.... pun intended. We're delivering food today. Spaghetti and home-made bread. That will keep her for a day or two.

• Like 3