Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
2 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

well now are you going to share..

the ancient Chinese secret...

No ancient Chinese secret, just a backwoods Arkansas thing. After watching him I just stole the idea it's so simple, I think the cast iron skillet helps it to.

He just put a few tablespoons of vegetable oil in a cast iron pot, mixed buttermilk and self rising flour until it was a little wetter than if you were trying to roll out biscuits. He just dropped large spoonfuls into the skillet starting on the outside going around then a few in the inside until it was full. Baked at 450 until done and a little browned. The come out lighter than a bisquick mix biscuit and really easy, I usually make 2 pans. After they cool I put any leftovers in a gallon freezer bag and freeze, later they are 90% the same after microwaving, this is really handy.    

other people want to get fat for the

holidays....namely me.....

I'm there already :(

to bad Chuck can't have any...

Atkins diet.....

Chuck how are you feeling...

brother Bill i hope things to well with you..

Akdave I hope things to well tomorrow with the little one

keep us posted.....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rplace said:

Slow here today.

Tina Brooks and a stolen Starbucks cup. Not a fan of the logo, but the size is just perfect.

Side note a few pages back we discussed my machine's problems. I did take the boiler completely apart and all the valves/pipes inside. It did not have much scale built up for 2+ years, but seems to be working fine ever since.:emotion-21::emotion-44:

IMG_20171130_113508929.thumb.jpg.8ed0ebf697db9047b6ffb26ed5f9dde4.jpg

I like the shape of that mug -- looks cool. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

You're lucky.  I got mustard plasters.

Have no idea what that is.

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Hmm - I do the same to slabs of ribs and/or pork shoulder prior to smoking?!  You won't fit in my smoker - in one piece?!

If we cut him up we can throw away a few parts if you don't mind.  

56 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Rich you don't want that tough old bird in your cooker.  Ever see his toe?

No i tried to avoid those pics.

40 minutes ago, richieb said:

I just threw-up in my mouth. Thank you in advance -- 

I do the same thing when smoking, but now I will be thinking about Carl's toe, smoking will never be the same. :emotion-41:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, dtel said:

Thought so with all the cooking/food ideas and the 50 turkeys was kind of a giveaway. Tough business

you saying I’m stupid?  that’s ok, it wouldn’t be the first time that i’ve been called that. 

I do remember him mentioning a busy thanksgiving; but, wasn’t sure if he was a caterer or what.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

you saying I’m stupid?  that’s ok, it wouldn’t be the first time that i’ve been called that. 

I do remember him mentioning a busy thanksgiving; but, wasn’t sure if he was a caterer or what.

Steve i don't do it to the level of execution ...I did before running a

restaurant...

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

wait till Xmas eve day... stuffing calamari ( squid ). 500 pieces..or tubes...for sauce....and the seafood

that day....

i LOVE Calamari.  What i REALLY love and haven’t had in a VERY long time, is Abalone.  As a kid, we’d eat Abalone in soy sauce and it was soooo tasty. I’m a big fan of clams too.

• Like 1