Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

30 minutes ago, richieb said:

I noticed the syrup choice too. And from a Chef no less! I couldn't read the container very well, what is that, 5W-20?! Full synthetic I imagine?'

Aunt Jemima high fructose corn syrup artificially maple flavored pancake slobber with preservatives.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

LF's MIL had the brain tumor removed yesterday at Duke.  She will have a plastic dome replacing the skull that was lost due to surgery.  She is already up on her feet and feeling fine.  Tough 82 year old!

Wow, that's great.

When I first started reading the post I initially thought it was a post about a car.  Here at work, MIL stands for Malfunction Indicator Lamp (check engine light).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, richieb said:

I noticed the syrup choice too. And from a Chef no less! I couldn't read the container very well, what is that, 5W-20?! Full synthetic I imagine?'

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Aunt Jemima high fructose corn syrup artificially maple flavored pancake slobber with preservatives.

2 hours ago, richieb said:

So I'm correct - full synthetic. The weights a bit off  though - 0W-20 and 0W40 are syrups of choice here - 

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Hey Mike.....get Gia some real maple syrup.....not the fructose mess.

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

x2.  Heck, they make it in upstate New York.  

4 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

no 😱😭😵. I think she would drink

it straight up....no waffles or pancakes....

4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

So you buy her the crappy stuff so she won't drink it?

you guy's win I got shamed to death....

Wellsley Farms Organic Grade A Dark Maple Syrup, 32 oz.Item: 20441 | Model: WLF0320NOKP01
imageService?profileId=52000717&id=622474&recipeId=244
imageService?profileId=52000717&id=622474&recipeId=244
 Not Available Online
In-Club Price
$13.99

BJ's Membership Required
In Stock
BJ's Utica
 Change Club

Reserve online, pick up in 2 hours.*

Your order will be held for 48hrs. 

Enter your zip code to check availability and add the product to cart:ADD TO CART
added to cart
imageService?profileId=52000717&id=622474&recipeId=244Wellsley Farms Organic Grade A Dark Maple Syrup, 32 oz.

CONTINUE SHOPPING

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Was told by an older Volvo mechanic that a check engine light would never leave you stranded beside the road. So far so good and have removed the electrical tape covering the light on dash...:emotion-21:

They typically only leave you stranded once they start flashing.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

They typically only leave you stranded once they start flashing.

When the ETM went out, I was in limp mode. Was at work in Tally and had to go home in that condition, until I could sort out the problem. Could only go so fast and riled up a young guy with his GF in his new car. Had a few laughs with him. and berated his new car before limping onto interstate. How embarissing.  Only cost several hundred to repair. Just missed the deadline for free replacement.If I would have gotten her a 98, it would not have been a problem. Oh well, after several years, still going. Think I remember it flashing...:emotion-21:

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, billybob said:

When the ETM went out, I was in limp mode. Was at work in Tally and had to go home in that condition, until I could sort out the problem. Could only go so fast and riled up a young guy with his GF in his new car. Had a few laughs with him. and berated his new car before limping onto interstate. How embarissing.  Only cost several hundred to repair. Just missed the deadline for free replacement.If I would have gotten her a 98, it would not have been a problem. Oh well, after several years, still going. Think I remember it flashing...:emotion-21:

or was it the girlfriend flashing....

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Don't be chugging it.

Well helll, you're close enough to the border to start thinking about a US version of the famed Sugar Shacks!! Make those snow cones with maple syrup poured over the top - mmm good. Crispy maple syrup. Good idea eh?!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, richieb said:

Make those snow cones with maple syrup poured over the top

When I was little (yes, a looooong time ago) an older lady down the street would cook down maple syrup and when we had a fresh snow she'd scoop some clean snow, pour the thickened syrup over it and give it to us for a treat.  Now days, I'd be afraid to do that with the acid rain we have.  Who knows, maybe it was bad then but it sure was good.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

When I was little (yes, a looooong time ago) an older lady down the street would cook down maple syrup and when we had a fresh snow she'd scoop some clean snow, pour the thickened syrup over it and give it to us for a treat.  Now days, I'd be afraid to do that with the acid rain we have.  Who knows, maybe it was bad then but it sure was good.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Looks comfy.

It is indeed. I bought that in 92 while stationed in S.Korea as one of those "mink" blankets. It's now over the lazy boy recliner for the winter months. That chair with that blanket knocks out everyone who stays in it. Super comfy. Best $20 I spent on a blanket. 

• Like 3