Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Chad said:

Did I really just watch a guy make coffee?

(says the guy who has watched WAY too many homebrewing videos on youtube)

Yes but the funny part is while he is making a way overly complicated cup of coffee, he's listening to the song called simple man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Got to the shop and found a busted water pipe on the single bay where my project 87 CRX is and parts Dept. :angry2:

Was not a good day..... Did a oil change after we cleaned everything up and went home. At least is wasn't freezing out...... a mild 42 as the bay door is wide open:wacko:

This too shall pass...... 

MKP :-)

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Got to the shop and found a busted water pipe on the single bay where my project 87 CRX is and parts Dept. :angry2:

Was not a good day..... Did a oil change after we cleaned everything up and went home. At least is wasn't freezing out...... a mild 42 as the bay door is wide open:wacko:

This too shall pass...... 

MKP :-)

Hey Mark, days like today are good when they're over. Go home and chill with the family. Tomorrow will be better :D

• Like 6

1st step to making good coffee, start with good beans. I'm a bit of a coffee snob.  Starbux es no bueno. A  little spoiled by having a roaster in town. All we need is a microbrewer and we'd be set. A coffee roaster/shop, a bar, a general store and a post office. Welcome to my town ... ~2000pop, if you include outlying areas.  I get out of town once a month or so ... .

MKP,

You doing a restoration or ?  I have an '80 Prelude that I am trying to restore. Working on mechanical first.

Edited by WillyBob
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, WillyBob said:

1st step to making good coffee, start with good beans. I'm a bit of a coffee snob.  Starbux es no bueno. A  little spoiled by having a roaster in town. All we need is a microbrewer and we'd be set. A coffee roaster/shop, a bar, a general store and a post office. Welcome to my town ... ~2000pop, if you include outlying areas.  I get out of town once a month or so ... .

MKP,

You doing a restoration or ?  I have an '80 Prelude that I am trying to restore. Working on mechanical first.

I have those

https://wakethehellup.com

https://www.saranac.com

• Like 5

Very nice

If I care to drive to Tucson ...

I was thinking that our bar would make a good "tavern head" for the brewery.

having a roaster is good enough. It's too bad our baker died. Fresh sour dough.

Our "rain event" turned out to be more wind than wet.

Wind was flat howling, then suddenly laid down.

I turned to wife, "You know what this means, don't you?"

"No"

"Me either"

HaHaHa

Edited by WillyBob
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, WillyBob said:

Very nice

If I care to drive to Tucson ...

I was thinking that our bar would make a good "tavern head" for the brewery.

having a roaster is good enough. It's too bad our baker died. Fresh sour dough.

Our "rain event" turned out to be more wind than wet.

Wind was flat howling, then suddenly laid down.

I turned to wife, "You know what this means, don't you?"

"No"

"Me either"

HaHaHa

We have dozens of microbreweries but not a bean roaster:unsure:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Tarheel said:

We have dozens of microbreweries but not a bean roaster:unsure:

Like most cities these days KC has many micro-breweries with one, Boulevard, really expanding into many states and have been bought by a major player from Belgium. But product and staying  true to the city seem to remain. And we have several bean roasters in town. Big town, uptown -   ?

• Like 3