Must you be certified as a jerk to sell on Craigslist?

eth2

Guest Steven1963
Ebay, sellers market, CL buyers market.

Amen! I'm currently in the market for a DBX equalizer from the 80's and the only one I've found so far is on Ebay and the guy wants more for it than when it was brand new.

No bids, of course.

• Like 1

You jerks just don't know how to deal with the nice, forthcoming, levelheaded people you find on CL.. :P

I like the no response, even after repeated emails and even after leaving My phone number.

The closest I come to having an outburst is when I find a seller asking a higher price on HERE than their CL ad. :angry:

For the most part, I have not had any bad luck on CL.

Anymore...I no longer even surf craigslist...its a big gut ache...

I just watch for the boys to post goodies on here for them....even when i have a bulging pocket..

I just get a sick weird feeling when i get on craigslist...

On the other hand if i were new to audio then i may search it for some new stuff...

eth2....Sell them 901's lol start with craigslist then you'll understand why it is the way it is..

CL drives me nuts most times. I would rather buy than sell there. Everyone wants 'deal of the century' and seem to think they can rook you everytime. List something reasonably priced for $500 and watch the offers roll in for $250 all day long.

The worst is when you agree on a price and the person shows up light intentionally to try and knock you down. I was selling some silver bullion once for like 5% over spot. I had a ton of response and sold out in just a few days as my price was just slightly cheaper than anything on the web. This one guy wanted to buy a bunch of it, like a couple grand worth. Price was set. Went to meet him, he pulls out $500 and says "take it or leave it". I just laughed in his face and drove off. Now, I won't drive out of my way to meet anyone off craigs to sell.

• Like 2

• Moderators

The worst is when you agree on a price and the person shows up light intentionally to try and knock you down.

I know what you mean. I sold a pair of speakers and we had agreed on a price. The guy gets here and says he only has a certain amount (forget how much he was short). I told him where the closest ATM was. He thought I was joking. At that point, it wasn't about the money, it was about making my point. He left, went and withdrew some money, came back and purchased the speakers at the price we had originally agreed on. I'm all for negotiating but don't jerk me around....I don't play games.

CL is a great source for Klipsch speakers and what not.

A few years ago i found a mint pair of walnut Khorns(AK-2)

for $200. They were supposed to come with a center which

was sold before i got there. What kills me is that the

door was closed after we moved out the speakers into

my friends pickup. There was a custom made rack full of nice

gear still in the house which i wanted to check out. The women

closing the house said sorry she had to leave immediately and

was not coming back. The house was being emptied for a sale

and so the new owner of the house got some nice stereo

equipment which i missed out on. At least i got my dream

speakers.

• Like 1

The guy gets here and says he only has a certain amount (forget how much he was short).

One of the oldest tricks in the book. I'm glad to see you held out for the agreed price.... :emotion-21:

Edited by Boxx

CL can be a complete setup also. I've only sold a few items, and I prefer to meet somewhere in public if it's a small item. I really don't want a lot of traffic at my home. A local Army guy was home around Christmas and was trying to buy an iPad for his daughter, it was a robbery, he put up a fight but died. They caught the killers, be careful out there.

• Like 2

Beretta 92FS 9mm between the car seats, PPK clone in 9mm Makorav in my pants pocket & Springfield Armory M1911A1 .45 ACP in the PAX seat until I get out & then tucked in my pants, in the small of my back, Magnum, PI style (Locked & Cocked an' Ready to Rock).

The AR15 I keep in the trunk ;-)

Beretta 92FS 9mm between the car seats, PPK clone in 9mm Makorav in my pants pocket & Springfield Armory M1911A1 .45 ACP in the PAX seat until I get out & then tucked in my pants, in the small of my back, Magnum, PI style (Locked & Cocked an' Ready to Rock).

The AR15 I keep in the trunk ;-)

Awesome!