Solder or screw?

• Moderators

:o Not really what I was thinking :D

But I have to confess, right now I have some speaker wire twisted with wirenuts outside in the hut. I need some female banana connectors, which brings me back a little closer to the answer I was originally thinking. Most would rather screw than solder, I don't like soldering that much either, in comparison. :ph34r:

When I converted my K's, I crimped and soldered everything except the banana plugs for the outputs on my AVR....cant crimp the bananas. I didn't solder because I thought it was needed, but because of the thin gauge gold connectors that so many are selling these days. I do sleep a little better knowing I went ahead and soldered it all :) . However, I will say to watch out on soldering the banana plugs. Its easy to get too much solder in them which might cause some resistance. I had forgot how tough it is to solder a joint on speaker wire and not distort or "heat up" the insulation. I definitely got some practice in totally rewiring my K's and LaScalas. Yeah, I had to cut a few and start over, but I would consider myself a true novice at it.