whats your favorite ?

joessportster

• Moderators

That is a tough question, I don't know because using internet radio I have heard some of his songs I had not known which are really good.

It really is amazing how many good songs he has, originally I only knew of the more popular songs but now finding many I didn't know about.

That is a tough question, I don't know because using internet radio I have heard some of his songs I had not known which are really good.

It really is amazing how many good songs he has, originally I only knew of the more popular songs but now finding many I didn't know about.

I find this to be with so many artists. Its amazing the journey music takes us on...mostly the historical music(years ago) and even how songs of today are tied to songs made even hundreds of years ago...

One old, "Wild Night"... ok 2 old, "Jackie Wilson Said" & from his more recent releases "Rough god Goes Riding" It is a rare artist indeed whose later material equals in quality that of their most productive period of their youth. Van Morrison is one of those artists that 40 years later, is issuing records that deserve to be listened to. Richard Thompson & Steve Winwood are two others that come to mind. The rock landscape is littered with artists who have sullied their reputation by releasing sub par material after the creative spark is gone.

• Like 1

Hard to do. Van went through transition / phases. Depends on your mood also.

Have to get past the typical radio fare. Too many to list.

Full Force Gale (Into the Music)

Why Must I Always Explain (Hymns to the Silence)

Burning Ground (The Healing Game)

Summertime in England (Common One)

Ivory Tower (No Guru, No No Method, No Teacher)

He has some many songs, there are many "favorites".