Hum

A1UC

I just got my projector all setup and have a hum , if I unplug the HDMI it goes away . If I run a extension cord to the same outlet all the rest of my gear is on its dead quite .

If I use a cheater plug on the projector the hum also goes away

I have to leave this to others as to the speculation of course as you wonder yourself and i would use one...although i do feel it would be fine. Maybe call the manufacturer and question them...that also could lead to more "speculation"

I would say yes use it with surge protector at least...others may see it differently on a more professional level with you unit

In my opinion a surge protector would do all you will need with a projector. The power conditioner in my opinion would not be required.

Have you thought about running the projector on a UPSs? A UPS is good thing to have for a projector in case you have a power outage as you can then select a proper shut down, and let your fan cool off the bulb, plus it might get rid of the hum too.

Of course somehow, someway, we survived the first 70+ years of electricity without a single "ground" on any outlet. There are still many of those old outlets in use without a ground.

And we went how many years without seatbelts and air bags too?

Of course somehow, someway, we survived the first 70+ years of electricity without a single "ground" on any outlet. There are still many of those old outlets in use without a ground.

My last house had only 2 plug outlets, i installed GFI's in the kitchen & bathroom using the cold water line for the ground.

Not to code but better than nothing at all.

JL Sargent, on 30 May 2014 - 11:44 AM, said: Of course somehow, someway, we survived the first 70+ years of electricity without a single "ground" on any outlet. There are still many of those old outlets in use without a ground. And we went how many years without seatbelts and air bags too?

LMAO

Just thinking back on my 35 years of driving. I personally (knock on wood) have never needed a seat belt or an airbag either. Now to put that in perspective, I've documented way over a million miles in that time. Maybe I'll start a thread "has an airbag or seat belt ever saved your bacon?".

Grounding to water pipe brings its own set of problems. IE: Appliance short to ground in the house and you walk out in the yard barefooted and reach for the faucet. That really could be a heart stopping experience.

I thought the screw in the middle of old outlets was/is ground. Hardly ever used back in the day but nevertheless there.

And speaking of having one's bacon saved, last year an a$$hole ran a red light, didn't even slow down and creamed me. Totaled my wife's car. Airbags deployed, thank God for airbags and the engineers who made them possible.