Question for the group

akdave

Someone locally is about to drop price on an original pair of Chorus, an RC 3 center and a pair of surrounds (smaller don't know model numbers), moving this week sale. They look very well cared for (a mutual friend has seen them said they're in great shape).

I have never auditioned the Chorus before - I have a hunch what this group will tell me to do, but can someone describe the sound to me. I have no need of them. I don't have upgradeitis yet as a still content owner of the rf 7ii's, but I think I could probably flip them even though the Alaska market is pretty thin on Klipsch.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Oh yeah they're now asking $200.

Edited by akdave
  • Like 1

• Moderators

No brainer...please buy them. LOL I've owned the Chorus II. Although they sound very nice, they didn't offer as much bottom end as my (at the time RF-7's) so I sold them.

At that price, you will EASILY be able to demo them for yourself to hear what they sound like. You might really like the midrange horn on them but IMO, I would take my RF-7ii's over them. They just did not have the sound I am looking for.

• Like 2

Yeah I think so I'm at the store running errands and put this up as soon as I got the text from a friend. I'll update. He said the RC3 and a couple of small surrounds for $200 - pretty big no brainer.

Edited by akdave
  • Like 1

my experience: Thought I had purchased my last speaker for a very long time, the RF-7. A couple of years later, by chance, I came across a pair of Forte II's from a friend that needed a little work. I got the Forte's all fixed up and was quite delighted by the sound. In short, the 7's began to collect dust and I sold them.

2 short months of listening to the Forte's brought me to seek out the Scala. The Heritage line is much more desirable, IMO.

I hope you get them and have as delightful experience as I :)

♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 2

• Moderators

At that price your definitely doing the right thing. If you like them great is not you can easily sell, it's like a free listen at worst.

I think this is now known as the "Youthman listening opportunity". :D ......... You can't lose either way.

Well - this was a nice deal! The Chorus's are in good shape, the RC 3 needs dusting and the grill cover has two broken tabs on the inserts, he gave me two surrounds with stands - I haven't looked up the model numbers yet and an older Yamaha HTR-5760 receiver! I had no intention of buying these - but the deal got sweet the night before the moving truck arrived!

We have company from out of state coming tomorrow so I don't know how long before I can do some A/B listening but here are some pics for now!

post-52637-0-31440000-1402293782_thumb.j

post-52637-0-85720000-1402293862_thumb.j

post-52637-0-32480000-1402293912_thumb.j

post-52637-0-41400000-1402294022_thumb.j

I haven't dug yet but feel free to chime in with the surround model number.

Edited by akdave
  • Like 3

You can put those speakers near wall or against and have the reason for having a volume control in your hands with any number of watts.

They are the most pleasing speakers in a big way to me. It reminded me of why I went to loud concerts. There are mods and things you can do of course. Listen to it first for abit first.

If you want to. Another Chorus finding a home. Thanks for the pics. Oiled Oak looks like

Enjoy B):emotion-29: :emotion-29: :emotion-29:

Oh yes, what a score!!!

Edited by billybob
  • Like 1

Thanks all! Youth you're right - SS 1's they are.

Yes they are huge K5! I'm very curious to give them a listen. I'll maybe contact Klipsch and see if I can order a new grill for the RC 3.

Edited by akdave
  • Like 1

No I'll probably plug it into my XPA 5 - I have some blue ray concerts with the PCM stereo and figured I'd listen between the two that way. I have an older pair of MB Quart towers at work that I stream pandora on - I thought I may take it there - it has nothing for decoding, but 110W x 7 (I think) shouldn't lose TOO much running two channels.

But to answer your question, I'd like to give the Chorus's a little more gas than the receiver.

• Moderators
I think this is now known as the "Youthman listening opportunity". :D ......... You can't lose either way.

Too funny Dtel. I'm always open to buying speakers that allow me to demo when I know there is no chance of losing money if I decide to sell it.