Let me tell you a story 'bout last night

USNRET

Correct. Since the pistol only has grip and double trigger safeties i used a heavier recoil spring as a tertiary safety. My wife could barely rack the slide on that pistol, so my logic was that if I kept it loaded, but not cocked, then it was safer than gun that's cocked, loaded, and only relying on a thumb safety switch. It certainly doesn't replace a proper safe.

Correct. Since the pistol only has grip and double trigger safeties i used a heavier recoil spring as a tertiary safety. My wife could barely rack the slide on that pistol, so my logic was that if I kept it loaded, but not cocked, then it was safer than gun that's cocked, loaded, and only relying on a thumb safety switch. It certainly doesn't replace a proper safe.

That is correct, the way you are keeping it, it is as safe as a wheel gun.

10 in my mag, one in the chamber. hammer down.

Guest Steven1963
Taurus Judge - a pistol that fires 410 shotgun shells.
I have the magnum with the 3" chamber . Easier to maneuver around in close quarters than a shotgun and the 3" 000 buckshot will do considerable damage .

Iv wanted one of those for prospecting ever since they came out, there aint no better snake gun.

But of course I live in Kalifornia, few things are legal here anymore.

Hey, this is AmeriKa. Land of the free, right?

Taurus Judge - a pistol that fires 410 shotgun shells.
I have the magnum with the 3" chamber . Easier to maneuver around in close quarters than a shotgun and the 3" 000 buckshot will do considerable damage .

Iv wanted one of those for prospecting ever since they came out, there aint no better snake gun.

But of course I live in Kalifornia, few things are legal here anymore.

Hey, this is AmeriKa. Land of the free, right?

Depends which part of america you live in now days, Md passed an outrageous gun law this past october....................I had mine before it passed thankfully

• Like 1

What I would really like to know is what was the problem with the door bell? Short? I have never had one go bad so I am curious.

Corrosion from the salt air impeding movement is my guess. I had a visitor to pick up the Heresy speakers yesterday and he rang the bell. As best I can figure, the button didn't retract and as moisture set in over night it was enough to bridge the contacts. Don't know for sure but it was weird.

I know what you meant. ;)

We had quite an unstable neighbor until a year or so ago. After being released from jail for beating up his elderly mother he came knocking on our door in the middle of the day while I was at work and my wife was alone with our newborn. By knocking I mean pounding on the door and yelling that he knew someone was home. As she huddled in the bedroom closet she could even hear him pop his head in the front door.

I beat the police to my house and I was 30 minutes away. It turned out that he needed a jump on his truck or something, but his reputation and recent incarceration were enough for my wife to fear for her safety in that moment.

Regardless, that is why we have such things and why everyone in the house is expected to be proficient. It's not so much a matter of fear, but preparedness and confidence in our ability to defend ourself in the absence of quick response times.

• Like 2