Let me tell you a story 'bout last night

USNRET

Last night or this morning at 12:20 my door bell sounds awakening me. I am thinking dream so I listen for a moment and then decide to doze back off. It sounds again. I pick up the trusty .45 ACP (thanks Michael, the other Michael) and proceed cautiously to the front door. Peering thru the available portholes I determine that no one is there. I rack a round and open the door; no one. As I am looking around with the door open the door bell sounds again! The door bell button had malfunctioned.

Hahahahaha... that's funny.

As one who's experienced first hand a home invasion/break in while home, it is no laughing matter.

Thankfully I had my little jewish friend with me... uzi.

Edited by Schu

Nothing beats a 12 gauge, pump action in those situations. Hard to miss at under twenty feet.

Besides, the sound of racking that gun is often enough to accomplish the task at hand.

Edited by eth2
  • Like 1

I'm glad it's reliable enough for you to use in that capacity
Since I am cross master (left eye / right hand) it takes me some time to get use to a weapon. Several hundred rounds later with no issues with the reliability I can do 3" at 20 yards, no bad for for ME.

eth2, I agree but personally feel that with a family that may be compromised in house I like a little more aim.

Hope we are not straying into unwelcome territory with this so......

• Like 1

Taurus Judge - a pistol that fires 410 shotgun shells. I've had doorbells go sour twice. In one instance it just buzzed and the other it rang constantly. Odd that it should actually cycle as you've described. My brother once had an intruder breaking in through a sliding door. He had enough presence of mind to 'flick his Bic lighter' as though it was a weapon and the intruder bolted.

• Like 2

Taurus Judge - a pistol that fires 410 shotgun shells.
I have the magnum with the 3" chamber . Easier to maneuver around in close quarters than a shotgun and the 3" 000 buckshot will do considerable damage .

Iv wanted one of those for prospecting ever since they came out, there aint no better snake gun.

But of course I live in Kalifornia, few things are legal here anymore.

I have the magnum with the 3" chamber . Easier to maneuver around in close quarters than a shotgun and the 3" 000 buckshot will do considerable damage .

Iv wanted one of those for prospecting ever since they came out, there aint no better snake gun.

I also have the magnum.... I walk with a swagger in the dark....

• Like 1

Kalifornia has had a blanket ban on any shotgun shorter than 18", I think for 30+ years.

Kalifornia has had a blanket ban on any shotgun shorter than 18", I think for 30+ years.

The one outstanding thing about the judge is, as long as you can get it out and down range, you own anything/evertything in front of you.

did you switch back to the factory guide rod and spring or keep it as-is?

As is, I haven't tried the other. Just getting acclimated and getting my 12 year old accustomed. He's not yet over the recoil as he is quite small in statue, we're learning.