Let me tell you a story 'bout last night

USNRET

Nice pics Max.

I hate the picture limit on the forum. I can't post any pics here at work as I can't get to any picture hosting sites due to our firewall.

Thank you! I used to fight with IT guys at bank locations because they would interfere with my trading systems. Have you ever tried an IP addy instead? Don't get in trouble !, but if you want to see if it would work, type 209.17.80.100 and hit enter. This is the Photobucket picture hosting site.

Don't get in trouble !, but if you want to see if it would work, type 209.17.80.100 and hit enter

It's still blocked.

I guess technology has tightened things in the past 10 years. I snap shots with my iphone and directly upload them from my phone to the photobucket site all while using my phone. My pictures aren't high quality from the phone, but the convenience is very high.

What I would really like to know is what was the problem with the door bell? Short? I have never had one go bad so I am curious.

The doorbell buttons aren't UV friendly and the Sun will break them down and then they will swell or get out of shape, crack etc. In this case I bet the tolerance of the button closing in on the contacts is much closer now from an old plastic or sticking button. It could even be the spring behind the button. Salt or "salt spray" enhances conductivity, which could make this happening more probable. I would bet on the button as the culprit, instead of the chime unit itself.

Alright. Lets see some pics of everyones bedroom "go to" piece

Well Max since this is the bedroom let's just say choices, choices, choices!

Very nice Safe Kaiser. I think a safe is the best investment anyone can make these days, even if you don't own any weapons. I have more keepsakes and nick nacks passed on to me in mine that I barely have room for my guns. Plus, with all my friends kiddos running around the house all the time on weekends I never leave any gun outside my safe at any time. I have been pondering a fingerprint reader strong box and mount it on the back of my nightstand to keep a little snub nose S&W airweight 38 I have.

Kalifornia gun laws are just wacky, bad guys can get anything they want, anytime they want and anser to no one.

I really need to spend more time at my place in Nevada, then maybe I could FINELY get my truck registered.

Bad guys have nothing to lose. The hard working American with a family has everything to lose. This is bass akwards from the way it should be.

• Like 1

New York is just as bad. It takes almost a year to get a pistol permit in may counties, with all kinds of hoops to jump through. Even then a concealed permit is nearly impossible to obtain. Get caught with a pistol and no permit and its one year in the hooskaw.

• Like 1

Gun collecting is the "cheap" part now, it's the ammo that will break the bank!

I used to be in law enforcement and one of the few things I miss of that job is shooting someone else's ammo.

Nice pics all!

A malfunctioning doorbell in the middle of the night would be unnerving to say the very least! As a former cop, I can say owning your own protection is SO wise! Too much can happen in too short a time if the unthinkable ever occurred. Thankfully it's pretty rare for upstanding people to have this happen to them.

**double checking my doorbell tonight...**

• Like 1