Dobly Atmos

Schu

• Administrators

Let us see a teaser pic. I mean come on we bleed klipsch. Throw us a bone. Do a spam email to all of us or something.   :)

OK you asked for a teaser pic, well here is a cropped image of one of our new products to be announced at CES....

.... get ready.......

...are you ready?....... 

teaser_635539003504022000.jpg

:ph34r:

Well at least it's not...........

footer-logo.png ..... :ph34r:

• Like 1

I just read a review of Dolby Atmos on Audioholics and they said if you are going with Atmos it sounds the best with ceiling speakers... Stay away from speakers that reflect off of the ceiling as it doesn't sound right.

• Like 1

I just read a review of Dolby Atmos on Audioholics and they said if you are going with Atmos it sounds the best with ceiling speakers... Stay away from speakers that reflect off of the ceiling as it doesn't sound right.

Perhaps that reviewer hasn't heard a good "reflective demo", my experience has been the opposite of that.

• Like 1

On AVS when Dolby was doing their initial rollout there was a report from a group in LA and another one in NY and I found it humorous that in one consensus was that the over head worked best and in the other one they liked the reflective speakers--I made a comment that I thought maybe  they were being used as guinea pigs for various marketers but one of the more knowledgeable people that attend these events said it was more than likely setup issues.

Edited by tkdamerica
  • Like 1

Interesting, because when I originally saw the Specs for the Atmos speakers it said "Pinpoint dispersion" which would mean ceiling speaker would be the only possible option, but now I see they are saying wide dispersion.

Interesting, because when I originally saw the Specs for the Atmos speakers it said "Pinpoint dispersion" which would mean ceiling speaker would be the only possible option, but now I see they are saying wide dispersion.

I'm sure a LOT depend on your ceiling height. Any speaker becomes wide dispersion when bounced off a flat surface.

• Like 1

I'm sure a LOT depend on your ceiling height. Any speaker becomes wide dispersion when bounced off a flat surface.

Now you're on to something Claude

• Like 1