What are you reading?

Boxx

I don't think that this has been the topic of a thread on our "forum."

Reading fits the "Lounge" area very well.

Please feel free to share your most recent literary endeavor(s) on this thread.

I have just started reading this book by Bret Baier (with Jim Mills).

So far it is an excellent read.

In addition to the great story, one hundred percent from the sale of this book is donated to various non-profit pediatric heart causes.

DSC_0228-3.jpg?t=1403718420

• Like 2

The Brothers: John Foster Dulles, Allen Dulles, and Their Secret World War.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Brothers-Foster-Dulles-Secret/dp/0805094970

I just ordered it... Looks to be one that I would like. Thanks for posting.

It is fascinating and confirms our worst fears of the military-industrial complex (to say nothing of nasty lawyers). You won't be able to put it down.

A Confederacy of Dunces (for the third time)-Gutbustingly funny.

I had to read Lord of the Flies with a summer school class. OMG, for the sixth time.

All of the O'Rielly "Killing" books since March-Excellent, all.

A biography of Byron that I finished two weeks ago-Anything but boring, by the way.

SSH

My War ......... by Andy Rooney. Love the way the man writes. Boxx........ those books by Winston Churchill are also interesting writes. He wrote like he spoke - run on sentences, but very Victorian and descriptive. Have you read Churchill's "Frontiers and Wars?

may come as a surprise to many of you; but, The Bible (not all of it everyday; but, a little bit everyday). Actually, i read all day long; mostly articles and such and probably have read less than 10 books in my entire life (not counting textbooks while in that lernin place). i did meet a guy that was in Auschwitz and a number of other prison camps. His entire family with the exception of one sister that had already left Poland, we killed by the nazis. He showed me the tatto of numbers on his arm. How can you listen to that story and not buy his book (Because of Romek by David Faber). I read it twice.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

I used to author (cough-cough) a summertime beach reading thread but it was quite sparsely attended.

Lately, let's see;

A biography of Simone Bolivar, Thomas Pynchon's new book about the Silicon Alley in New York City during the 80's complete with big writer ego and huge run-on sentences.

Then there's Fannie Flag's latest about a gas station girl attendant who becomes a pilot during WW II, a half dozen or so Sci-fi, mostly space opera, the latest Dewey Lamdin, days-of-sail adventure featuring the redoubtable and scandalous Alan Lewrie. Oh, a Roman Empire saga, can't remember the name, some alternate history fiction, a smoking cookbook from some Memphis smoker woman, and the one I'm making up, which is a treatise on higher mathematics, and the true one on my horizon, which is a new biography on Adams.

I read at least a book a week and have since before I hit puberty. Yet somehow I still find time to squire a couple of babelicious hotties to the jumpin joints in town.

Renaissance Manly man, named after me, of course. Originally Thesasance but misspelled by some incompetent Italian editor.

For anyone who has a dog, the commentary of the hero on his dog, Jasper, is so touching it will make you cry.
I'm a dog lover and have always been one... I may cross over and read this book.

I knew you would chime in Thebes. For myself, I have been proof reading my tome "How to Get Even the Most Innocuous Threads Locked---A master's prospective."

Foreword by Dave Mallette. Blurbs on the jacket include: "I could have said it better"---William Faulkner

"Too many big words. I hate big words."---Ernest Hemingway

"A rollicking roll in the sewer"---Tom Clancy

"Even my head exploded with the logic displayed."---Robert Ludlum

"An immodest treatise"--Jonathan Swift

"No wonder others moved west to the coast to avoid this guy"---John Steinbeck

"A real scholar of something."---Colleen McCollough

"If this were a wine, it would be perfect for laying down---and avoiding."---Robert Parker

I'm still looking for an afterword author. Have anyone in mind Thebes?

I knew you would chime in Thebes. For myself, I have been proof reading my tome "How to Get Even the Most Innocuous Threads Locked---A master's prospective."

Foreword by Dave Mallette. Blurbs on the jacket include: "I could have said it better"---William Faulkner

"Too many big words. I hate big words."---Ernest Hemingway

"A rollicking roll in the sewer"---Tom Clancy

"Even my head exploded with the logic displayed."---Robert Ludlum

"An immodest treatise"--Jonathan Swift

"No wonder others moved west to the coast to avoid this guy"---John Steinbeck

"A real scholar of something."---Colleen McCollough

"If this were a wine, it would be perfect for laying down---and avoiding."---Robert Parker

I'm still looking for an afterword author. Have anyone in mind Thebes?

It is sad that Theodor Geise isn't here to help....