harley davidson owners

Scrappydue

so here she is.

Sweet ride!

Have you popped her cherry yet? Treat yourself to one of these fork braces;

102_6453.jpg

GroteFoto-V8RSYNUN-G.jpg

Those fat front tires can 'waddle'' at low speed cornering or 'drift' in higher speed cornering. This brace helps a lot.

Have fun, stay safe. I miss my Harleys...

Scrappy, who is installing the upgrade ??? When I bought my 02 fresh off the floor and I upgraded the pipes and jetted the stock carb I voided my warranty. Now if I had paid Harleys exorbitant labor rate to do the same work my warranty would have been good

I will be honest and say I found the warranty useless anyway, I had a lifter fail and they never replaced that (which is why I advocate buying used) I love harley but there warranty SUCKS

I never had any other issues with my sporty but it was constantly in a state of upgrade / customization also :D ................Of course mine was a stocker nothing like yours............that is one I would leave alone except the pipes and carb work......................One last thing since you have the 1200, I can tell you the Mikuni carb kit was hands down the biggest performance upgrade I made to mine and easy as hell to tune.............................(my other upgrades included heads, cams, pistons)

• Like 1

Been building and riding Harleys over 50yrs. My suggestion is especially since you seem to want a Sportster is buy one then you will learn all you need to know. I always bought what floated my boat and never regretted it. I prefer after market big inch stroker engines because of build quality and incredible power and torque increases.

These twins are machines you can get wrapped up in just like our quest for audio perfection.Good Luck have fun finding your new Harley.

One last thing since you have the 1200, I can tell you the Mikuni carb kit was hands down the biggest performance upgrade

No carb on this one, EFI......

Shakey

Did not realize the sporty went EFI..............I knew all the bigger bikes had, No Mikuni for scrappy :P

I always liked the Exile designs as well, that fat front end reminds me of the old 50's style hot rods

Edited by joessportster

Scrappy, who is installing the upgrade ??? When I bought my 02 fresh off the floor and I upgraded the pipes and jetted the stock carb I voided my warranty. Now if I had paid Harleys exorbitant labor rate to do the same work my warranty would have been good

I will be honest and say I found the warranty useless anyway, I had a lifter fail and they never replaced that (which is why I advocate buying used) I love harley but there warranty SUCKS

I never had any other issues with my sporty but it was constantly in a state of upgrade / customization also :D ................Of course mine was a stocker nothing like yours............that is one I would leave alone except the pipes and carb work......................One last thing since you have the 1200, I can tell you the Mikuni carb kit was hands down the biggest performance upgrade I made to mine and easy as hell to tune.............................(my other upgrades included heads, cams, pistons)

they should be installing the Vance and Hines, screamin eagle intake and stage 1 tune for it. If they don't we are gonna have big issues cause that was part of the deal.

And I payed for extra warranty as well as the premium maintenance plan. They better

Cover something if it breaks. Otherwise they gonna have a huge problem on their hands.

My Road King Classic got $10000 worth of damage when the movers dropped it off the truck. I got a customized 07 Fatboy from the dealer in 11 that had 1700 miles on. It now has 3200 miles on it. I used to ride 8 to 10000 miles per year. I think its time to sell.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk