harley davidson owners

Scrappydue

ok guys a TON of thought has went into this purchase. lots of reading, tons of sitting on them at dealers, and countless phone calls with lots of friends here and around town. i did receive some negative feedback from some regarding sportsters. well i went with one anyways. it felt better than any other bike i sat on. i am very short and have a short inseam. so it was this or the softtail slim either way. slim the forward controls were much too far forward. and although i could afford it, the sportster payment is much more desireable.

so with all that being said any "negative" sportster comments are unwelcome. i love this bike. i am only giving that little speech because a few different guys on here recommended against it.

so here she is. gotta pick a name for her.

14734023886_086e7cfe3e_z.jpg

14754681784_f31a88f2a7_z.jpg

14570338100_7f4c22ff57_z.jpg

payed for the bike thursday. long wait for it saturday as i just couldnt get up to pick it up with work and also all highway on the way home and i guess breakin is no highway riding for 500 miles. no biggie i have patience...LOL

so scheduled delivery on saturday. was a VERY LONG saturday tell you that right now. but at least i was busy with renovating the basement home theater.

14570367419_7174a099e7_z.jpg

14757024845_e0ee00e3c8_b.jpg

As someone who has 30+ years with Harley's and has been riding for 40+, I love them all and very much enjoyed the sporties, as well as any and all of my many rides.

Ignore what others think and be happy with what "you" like. Motorcycles are a very personal expression of what we feel and who we are and give a personal freedom and experience I have not found with anything else, not everyone can understand this. I still look forward to riding my bike everyday, and enjoy it as much as I ever have. Your choice is what reflects who you are and be happy with that and enjoy it.

Nice ride. congrats

• Like 2

Nice bike. Right away you will want to get a Stage 1 upgrade, but I'm sure you have been told this already. New pipes and airbox will make it feel like a different bike.

Shakey

lol funny you say that. Since they wouldn't come down on price a little I demanded since I was military for an extra 1500 worth of parts. So full stage one with Vance and Hines is coming along with a windshield for longer rides and then my helmet.

The Road Glide has a frame mounted fairing. It's a more stable bike in windy weather...though while at the dealer last week I saw the new fairing design and they claim the new fairing designs with pass through venting is supposed to help make the fork mounted fairings more stable.

To me though...the traditional Harley engine design is a little past it's prime.

My next Harley will be a V-Rod. Liquid cooled Porsche designed motor with power that will makes the bike competitive with crotch rockets.

If I were to get a traditional HD I'd consider the Breakout...it's a cool looking softail framed bike.

Sprags,

Stock V-Rod wont keep up with a stock older generation 1 V-Max let alone the newer Gen 2 V-Max or a crotch rocket. Wish it would but those are the sad facts!

Roger

The Road Glide has a frame mounted fairing. It's a more stable bike in windy weather...though while at the dealer last week I saw the new fairing design and they claim the new fairing designs with pass through venting is supposed to help make the fork mounted fairings more stable.

To me though...the traditional Harley engine design is a little past it's prime.

My next Harley will be a V-Rod. Liquid cooled Porsche designed motor with power that will makes the bike competitive with crotch rockets.

If I were to get a traditional HD I'd consider the Breakout...it's a cool looking softail framed bike.

Sprags,

Stock V-Rod wont keep up with a stock older generation 1 V-Max let alone the newer Gen 2 V-Max or a crotch rocket. Wish it would but those are the sad facts!

Roger

And of course a Gen 2 V-Max is no contest for a Gen 2 Busa (bonafied crotch rocket)