4th of July fireworks show from a different perspective

sunburnwilly

I love Fireworks and Loud noise makers.

However I have found out that some of our Veterans are unable to enjoy these, The VA Hospital is right next to where we have fireworks each year

Due to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder the loud noises etc can cause a panic situation that sometimes requires medication to overcome.

It does appear that if the Veteran can make a decision to go view the fireworks they are not as bothered, even if they find it uncomfortable and leave before the end of the fireworks.

That said I enjoyed listening and seeing the fireworks around the house. I was certainly tempted, but I restrained from making large noise. (Remembering Roger's advice)

• Thanks 1

My ex was at a fireworks display in Key West on Friday. Some idiot with a drone decided it was better to fly it over the crowd, rather than over the water, like the other 3 drones covering the event. The thing crashed and injured an older gent, cut him up fairly badly.

Given the cost of these things, I can only conclude that once again money triumphs over brains.

Edited by thebes