ikea isolation feet

I went to Ikea yesterday for a couple of "lack" side tables to use as inexpensive speaker stands. while I was getting cork placemats to use underneath the kp-201's I noticed some jars on an end cap with their stopper/plugs/bungs individually wrapped and sold - for less than $.50/each.

I can't speak to their "audiophile quality vibration isolation" properties, but I picked them up as cheap risers for better air flow under my gear. I cannot for the life of me find them on their website, but here's a couple pics for reference if you've got a local store. I absolutely abhor going into that place, but if there's enough interest to warrant another trip for a group buy I might be persuaded to return.

post-34066-0-58880000-1405351352_thumb.j

post-34066-0-99560000-1405351361_thumb.j

Thanks. I have all of FOUR shelves holding gear in a 48U 4-post cabinet in my closet. This has allowed me to have plenty of air flow on the top of gear, but I never paid much attention to underneath. I've thought about adding fans, but since I don't have the cabinet side or doors installed I wonder about their effectiveness in really moving the hot air out. In the meantime, little tweaks like these help me sleep at night.

Mapleshade offers / offered the same thing except they have / had rubber on top and bottom, of course there version was not .50cent

They look good in the pic :D

you could probably get some adhesive backed rubber furniture feet from home depot and create the same effect. Should be the same effect and still quite a lot cheaper.

Mapleshade offers / offered the same thing except they have / had rubber on top and bottom, of course there version was not .50cent

They look good in the pic :D

you could probably get some adhesive backed rubber furniture feet from home depot and create the same effect. Should be the same effect and still quite a lot cheaper.

Funny thats probably what they used :D The rubber was ribbed something like 3/32 ridges and valleys" and glued to top and bottom then cut into like 1.5" squares.............at 1 time I had acquired like 20 of the things and I used then exactly like you are...................No sonic value what so ever but created some air

Actually, cork sandwiched between layers of corrugated rubber are widely used for machinery vibration control:

http://www.grainger.com/category/vibration-isolator-pads/mounts-and-vibration-control/material-handling/ecatalog/N-9tx or

http://www.pneumaticplus.com/anti-vibration-pads-rubber-cork/

I had four much larger ones than yours put under my outdoor generator to cut down on vibration transmitted into the house. It definitely worked! The design is probably meant for very heavy products like 550-lb generators.

Edited by LarryC

Great Find!

Another option that I discovered is rubber flower pot feet. My wife brought some home from the nursery and I found them to be great isolation feet for turntables. They are made from recycled tires. I imagine if they were sold as audiophile isolation devices they could go for big bucks!

http://www.amazon.com/Potrisers-Invisible-32-supports-statuary/dp/B0037MTEU0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1405379110&sr=8-2&keywords=plant+pot+feet

• 1 month later...

It was a horrific experience in there. Screaming children, babbling wives, Too busy! On a Monday afternoon! I will never understand people. But... I found them and placed them under my Thorens 124. So now I need a stiff drink and some wicked jazz. Thanks all. O and they were called proppad.  :wacko2: