working is getting expensive

BigStewMan

So yesterday is payday. My rent was raised $100 per month. My paycheck reduced by $68 per month. Turns out the retirement portion paid by the employee was raised again. I now pay over $910 per month towards retirement. With retirement, taxes, medical … 49% of my check is gone before i see it. oh well, at least i have a job,

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 3

It's better than that Stew. You have a job with medical and retirement it sounds like. That's a lot more than many these days.

yeah, the Lord has smiled on me. Medical and retirements still from my military pension, and this current job--i've got no

reason to whine.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

So yesterday is payday. My rent was raised $100 per month. My paycheck reduced by $68 per month. Turns out the retirement portion paid by the employee was raised again. I now pay over $910 per month towards retirement. With retirement, taxes, medical … 49% of my check is gone before i see it. oh well, at least i have a job,

2013 tax's we lost our 2K homeowner write off and had to pay $280 bucks more, no status change in life style for the last five years, the culprut, Obama Care. it's us that are paying for it.

• Like 1

• Moderators

We never signed up for bumer care, it's not me being supplemented, I think the whole thing sucks and getting worse.

One thing BSM you may be in the minority having a job and with medical, you are doing well even if doesn't feel like it.

• Like 1

I stopped looking at my paycheck detail decades ago because the retirement taxes were high and it made me sick to think about it. Now the backside makes all those years worthwhile. And the kicker is that every 3 or 4 months they come up with some reason to jack my retirement check higher.

I'm thankful that I'm lucky enough to have lived long enough to get to this point. We're all lucky and should concentrate on the positive. Click the link below and jack up the volume.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk

Keith

• Like 1

Guest Steven1963

It's going to get much, much worse over the next few years. Government is flat broke and I mean flat broke. They are going to be looking in your cracks for loose change. Taxes are going to rise ALOT. The NSA isn't monitoring everything to look for ter.ror.ists (intentionally broken up to avoid flagged words), they are looking for YOU talking about money you have that they may not already know about. And you can take that to the bank. Oh, and that's another thing. Don't keep large sums of money in the banks because they are moving toward NEGATIVE interest rates (you pay them for them keeping your money) AND, they've determined that any money you keep in the bank isn't yours, it's the banks. Thus, at any time they 'need' it to keep themselves solvent, they will take it. FDIC you say? HAHAHA!

Lastly, the government is going to rid of you of that pesky duty of managing your 401ks and pensions. They realize it's a real pain in the butt for us so they will be taking those accounts over and 'managing' them for you :ph34r: . Mark my words.

Edited by Steven1963
  • Like 1

Jeeze guys, in the 1990s we had higher taxes and a surplus and were paying down the national debt. In 2000 the common folks got a check for $300 and taxes were reduced (gotta throw the commoners a bone to keep 'em quiet). It seems like something happened after that, (I just can't remember what, started in late 2006) but I think that surplus could have come in handy in say 2008-10.

The NSA isn't monitoring everything to look for ter.ror.ists (intentionally broken up to avoid flagged words),

If they are flagging the word terrorists then we have a supreme example of stupidity. What terrorist is going to use the word terrorist? If anything, flagged is the word being flagged. Oops!