College Football Thread ('14-'15)

Sancho Panza

WVU will play tonight vs Towson, which features an extremely impressive logo.  Would you believe that WVU actually got 7 points in the AP Top 25 Rankings by NOT getting crushed by Alabama last week?  Alabama of course, lost points for not beating us bad enough.  :lol:

wpid-bwufgquiqaa9tv4.png

Edited by wvu80

Marshall University (USA conference) had a good showing tonight against University of Rhode Island (CAA). We are now 2-0. Next weekend we play Ohio University Bobcats (MAC) ESPN3. This is a big rival game, and is at home. 

It's a good day to be a West Virginian.  I bleed blue and gold, but my wife went to Marshall, so it's all good.

Marshall got some top 25 votes in the latest AP poll and they're predicted to go undefeated.  As long as Marshall keeps winning and of course the teams above them lose, they should move up slowly but steadily.  Due to their weak schedule even undefeated I doubt they would crack the top 10, but who knows?

+++

One thing I do know;  thanks to the less than stellar performances today by OSU, Michigan, Michigan State, and Nebraska, the Power 5 conferences just became the Power 4. 

Edited by wvu80

Wow, as a Michigan Man, I am frightfully embarrassed by the way the Wolverines played tonight, and respectful of how well ND played.  I'm thinking Brady Hoke should be looking over his shoulder right now.....but hey, there's Miami next week!!  Woooo Hoooo!!