College Football Thread ('14-'15)

Sancho Panza

I think some great teams came up this year, and are excited to see what conference season brings. If it keeps going the way it is. It will make it a tough decision for the board to decide who will be in the playoffs. No one will be happy except those who's teams go.

Edited by duder1982

There shouldn't be much mystery here, Boxx.  Baylor walks away from Texas, and OU might be the best team in the country.

Remember, WVU already played both Alabama and OU.  Sooners were better, IMO.

Big 12 is tough, SEC is the second best conference this year.

Edited by wvu80

We've got some interesting games coming up this weekend. Anybody expecting an upset?

Yes, unfortunately I think Brady Hoke is gonna be mighty upset when they get beat by Rutgers.....My nephew has been invited to the game as a Rutgers recruit, so he and my brother (his dad) won't be wearing their typical Michigan garb, only their high school stuff.  It's gonna be a crazy night there I'm sure.....Rutgers has a pretty good team.....

Considering the dissatisfaction of Michigan Nation with Hoke, and Jim Harbaugh's ongoing internal struggles within the 49er's organization, I would hazard a pretty strong guess that the former Wolverine QB will be returning to Ann Arbor....that would make me happy.....

On a smaller note.... Rumors are flying in Dallas that SMU is strongly considering offering Mack Brown the job as head coach.  Mack is denying it all, but SMU is terrible at keeping a secret.

They did pay top dollar to bring in Larry Brown.  In two years he has completely turned the basketball program around.

I'm not sure if Mack could do that with the football program, unless the strings are loosened up and he can hire top grade assistants.

ESPN Power rankings has SEC West #1 in the country and Big 12 #4 FYI.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/95886/division-rankings-sec-west-way-ahead

MIchigan could of had Sumlin back in 2011 when they hired Hoke.

I read the article.  Hmmmph.  You and your fancy facts... :lol:

+++

I was seeing both Baylor and OK in the top four, but they will play each other in the regular season, leaving only one Big 12 slot available for the Final Four.

Lots of great football yet to be played. Several teams look really good across this nation like Oklahoma. Fun times ahead.

Check out Auburn's remaining schedule and those teams rankings right now. Brutal.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/2/auburn-tigers

Edited by JL Sargent

There shouldn't be much mystery here, Boxx. Baylor walks away from Texas

I'll be surprised if it is a walk away, given that they play in Austin. The UT defense is playing much better.  They should keep the game close.

OU might be the best team in the country.

I never let my guard down with TCU.  They have one or two upsets ahead of them before the season is over.  You are right, ou might be the best team in the country.

Edited by Boxx