College Football Thread ('14-'15)

Sancho Panza

Thank goodness for Texas Tech blowing out Auburn today.

Otherwise, Texas wiping up the turf with WVU would probably be the headlines. :wacko:

Not so fast Speedy Gonzalez!

Wasn't a BLOW Out, nor Texas TECH.

Tech, A and M, all those Texas schools sound the same to this easterner.  :P:rolleyes:

I'm still new to watching Big 12 teams and having A&M go the SEC didn't help me.     All I know is I'm not very fond of The Texas Longhorns right now. 

Thank goodness for Texas Tech blowing out Auburn today.

Otherwise, Texas wiping up the turf with WVU would probably be the headlines. :wacko:

Not so fast Speedy Gonzalez!
Wasn't a BLOW Out, nor Texas TECH.

Tech, A and M, all those Texas schools sound the same to this easterner. :P:rolleyes:

I'm still new to watching Big 12 teams and having A&M go the SEC didn't help me. All I know is I'm not very fond of The Texas Longhorns right now.

Yeah, the Longhorns sure kicked the sh1t outa Marshall. :rolleyes: Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 1

WVU really let me down today. 

That would make two of us.  :(

In WVU's defense, they were 4-8 last year and were expected to be worse this year.  All they really proved this year is they are mid Big 12 Conference material, which means they can play a good game now and then and may even knock off a decent team, but lack the consistency to win on the road.

+++

WVU seemed to come to Austin with no thought of losing that game. 

Rakeem Cato just tied Chad Pennington for the all time Marshall career touchdown passes. He will break that record today, I have no doubt. The score is 17-0.

I thought Doc did a much better job this week of having the team ready to play.  They jumped out to an early lead, and played very consistent the whole game.  Still no love from the CFP committee, last week not ranked in the top 25.  Coaches had them at 21.  There are now two unbeatens, and if Florida State keeps playing bad (down 23-7 vs Miami) there might only be one unbeaten in the country.

Maybe the CFP committee can see fit to place Marshall into the top 25 this week?

Rakeem Cato just tied Chad Pennington for the all time Marshall career touchdown passes. He will break that record today, I have no doubt. The score is 17-0.

I thought Doc did a much better job this week of having the team ready to play.  They jumped out to an early lead, and played very consistent the whole game.  Still no love from the CFP committee, last week not ranked in the top 25.  Coaches had them at 21.  There are now two unbeatens, and if Florida State keeps playing bad (down 23-7 vs Miami) there might only be one unbeaten in the country.

Maybe the CFP committee can see fit to place Marshall into the top 25 this week?

I fully understand why they can't rank them much higher. It all has to do with who they play. Nevertheless, I think we have one of the greatest QB's in the NCAA right now, and I full expect him to go into the NFL as did Chad Pennington. Chad made it and had Randy Moss. Rakeem Cato is simply put, a threat to any defensive coordinator. I would LOVE to see Marshall play a top 10 team in a bowl game. The NFL scouts could see Cato for what he is. A calm and cool leader with an amazing arm, and a propensity to aggravate defenses.

Will Cato be a Heisman candidate? Who knows... Are the NFL scouts paying attention? I would have to say that's a resounding YES.