College Football Thread ('14-'15)

Sancho Panza

I would have been more gracious than that if wvu would have won.  But that is the TCU way.

So do I get to hate you now?  I really hope so.  :):wub:

WVU doesn't really have a decent rival to hate since Pitt was taken off the schedule, so I'm really feeling a loss, here.  I know I need to displace my hate somewhere, but all you Big 12 guys already hate each other.  I still hate Pitt, but it just doesn't feel the same anymore.

I think the Big 12 should assign us a rival.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

Yes hate me.  It's funny a lot of the big 12 hate goes back to the old southwest conference hate.  When I went to TCU we won maybe six games in 4 plus years.  One was a big upset against Arkansas before they took their hate to the SEC.  At any rate I love you bro, it's all good.  In the immortal words of Pfunk "Ain't nothing but a party!

• Like 1

I just watched the movie "We are Marshall" again. What a powerful story, an exceptional movie….just thought I would share that.

Amen. At a Marshall football game a couple years ago, they had a special opening ceremony with family members of the crash, etc, and some scenes from the movie. There wasn't a dry eye in that stadium. I got chills. I have never in my life seen so many people so somber. The stadium holds over 38,000 people, and I'd say there were 25,000 present. 

This may have been the saddest day in the history of this state. It certainly is in my lifetime.

• Like 1

I just watched the movie "We are Marshall" again. What a powerful story, an exceptional movie….just thought I would share that.

Amen. At a Marshall football game a couple years ago, they had a special opening ceremony with family members of the crash, etc, and some scenes from the movie. There wasn't a dry eye in that stadium. I got chills. I have never in my life seen so many people so somber. The stadium holds over 38,000 people, and I'd say there were 25,000 present. 

This may have been the saddest day in the history of this state. It certainly is in my lifetime.

We can only imagine what the University and the town went through, a devastating accident. It is amazing what they have done since then, a truly inspiring comeback. 

Now its geaux tigers, and go some Utah team.  Oh man.  Why do some feel the need to hot dog i.e. dropping the ball at or in this case just before the goal line?  That Utah gaffe has to be the worst of the season which isn't even over yet.

Edited by oldtimer

We can only imagine what the University and the town went through, a devastating accident. It is amazing what they have done since then, a truly inspiring comeback. 

A long way is right. Marshall wins again, and on the road no less. 63-17

How many teams are 9-0?

edit: I'll answer my own question. Florida State and Mississippi State are the only other FBS Division 1A teams with this record. Miss has to get through the crimson tide at Alabama to be undefeated. Tall order. Florida State looks like they will go all the way to an undefeated season. I don't see anybody left on the schedule beating Marshall. Rakeem Cato is as good a quarterback as there is in the nation. He broke Chad Pennington's record today, and still has 3 games. There aren't many QB's that have 4,000 yds/ season consistently.

Edited by mustang guy

OSU probably will be in the top 10 this week, but the B1G will not get a team into the final 4.  OSU's well deserved victory proves the B1G is as weak as previously thought.  MSU losing to a team that lost to Va Tech and struggled against Navy and PSU proves that MSU and the B1G (the weakest of the 5 power conferences) are not worthy of a spot in the 4 team playoff.

WVU really let me down today. 

That would make two of us.  :(

In WVU's defense, they were 4-8 last year and were expected to be worse this year.  All they really proved this year is they are mid Big 12 Conference material, which means they can play a good game now and then and may even knock off a decent team, but lack the consistency to win on the road.

+++

Marshall needs to stop showing up and expecting to win without trying.  They have enough horsepower against inferior teams to pull away, but they have got to stop giving up a couple of TD's early in games before they decide they want to win that game. 

Hey Mustang Guy, one of the early bowl predictions for the Herd is vs ND in the Peach Bowl.  Have you heard anything?