College Football Thread ('14-'15)

Sancho Panza

Look at this way Duder. You got to see Gordon break the all time NCAA record with that 408 yard performance today!

I'm not sitting beside you at the bar, this kind of talk is what get fist fights started! :rolleyes:

No need to worry about that. I watch for entertainment, I don't get mad like some do.

Look at this way Duder. You got to see Gordon break the all time NCAA record with that 408 yard performance today!

I'm not sitting beside you at the bar, this kind of talk is what get fist fights started! :rolleyes:

No need to worry about that. I watch for entertainment, I don't get mad like some do.

Coaches poll just came out, and Nebraska got hit hard with a 10 place drop!  Miss State lost and dropped from 1st to 4th.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1/week/13

I have been enjoying watching Nebraska climb the polls each week bit-by-bit, slowing earning respect.  I thought they were going to be the sleeper this year nobody expected to be there in the top 10 when all is said and done.  It's a shame one game can smash that all at once.

Rakeem Cato just tied Chad Pennington for the all time Marshall career touchdown passes. He will break that record today, I have no doubt. The score is 17-0.

I thought Doc did a much better job this week of having the team ready to play.  They jumped out to an early lead, and played very consistent the whole game.  Still no love from the CFP committee, last week not ranked in the top 25.  Coaches had them at 21.  There are now two unbeatens, and if Florida State keeps playing bad (down 23-7 vs Miami) there might only be one unbeaten in the country.

Maybe the CFP committee can see fit to place Marshall into the top 25 this week?

Coaches Poll  and the USA Today poll have Marshall at #18. I'd say you got your wish. :)

As for Marshall bowl predictions. They are all over the place:

Brett McMurphy, Stewart Mandel (Fox Sports) and Sports Illustrated predict Heart of Dallas Bowl - Marshall vs. Illinois

Jerry Palm and Phil Steele predict Peach Bowl - Marshall vs. Georgia
Mark Schlabach predicts Bahamas Bowl - Marshall vs. Northern Illinois
CFN Scout predicts Fiesta Bowl - Marshall vs. Kansas State
Edited by mustang guy

At this point, Marshall can only continue to climb in the polls as an unbeaten.  At the first of the year I kind of thought they would peak around 18th.  With a few games left, they may get as high as 15th.

It would be a HUGE game for the program if it comes down to Marshall vs Big 12 or SEC opponent.

But Marshall in the Fiesta Bowl? :o

:emotion-21: :emotion-21: :emotion-21:

Edited by wvu80

That article lists WVU fans as #5 in the top 10 worst.  The article is accurate, and the rep is unfortunately, well deserved.

I was in the WVU marching band in the early 70's.  We had just done our pre-game show and were headed back to our seats, when the Maryland team ran onto the field to go to their bench, so the band was against the side of the stadium.  Our fans hit US with drinks, as they were trying to throw the drinks OVER the band to hit the Maryland team!

I have attended many riots after wins OR losses, but I never participated in the carnage or couch burnings, but I assure you, I have stories.  :(

Penn State fans were rated as #3 worst.  I've been to Beaver stadium in the Nittany mountains, and that rep is well deserved too.

Edited by wvu80

Marshall wins in the usual way, the defense grabs a 4th quarter fumble recover in the endzone for a touchdown, to win by 5!  :o   I bet Mustang Guy was screaming at his TV, all the while staving off a heart attack.  The game was finally decided late in the 4th when UAB failed on their third straight 4th and 1, the last one on Marshall's 10 yard line with a minute left.

+++

I give ESPN TV a lot of credit.  They only highlight the Top 25 teams, a ranking which the College Football Playoff committee has not given to Marshall, so ESPN has a special category in addition to the "Top 25" , called "Unbeatens" so they can talk about Marshall. 

Two thumbs up ESPN.  :emotion-21: :emotion-21:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

And in other football action the Arkansas Razorbacks are up 17-0 over the 8th ranked Ole Miss Rebels. :blink:

That's the game I'm watching.

And can you believe FSU is only up 17-10 over unranked Boston College at halftime?  That's the usual for FSU this year.

+++

Did you see where the CFB record for rushing 408, set last week was broken today (427) by Oklahoma's freshman Perrine?  WVU saw Perrine break out for 250 yard against us earlier in the year, he was great.  Is this a Heisman Trophy moment?  Even if it's not, I think somebody just got their ticket punched for the Heisman Trophy presentation later this year.

Edited by wvu80