College Football Thread ('14-'15)

Sancho Panza

Well, it was routine, in the early days of college football, for teams to play high schools.

A touchdown was 5 points +1 for extra point; holding 5 yard penalty & they called it, LoL.

Jacksonville State beat Mississippi a few years ago. They are FROM the State of AlaBama (not Florida) where they love football.

My only trip to Lincoln was several years ago when Bobby Newcombe  was a Husker qb/wr/kr.  Bobby is the son of a friend from college.  The opponent was ATM.  I was impressed with the precision of the Aggies band, even though the brown uniforms had me looking for Jesse Owens and the Fuhrer. 

What most impressed me was the the hospitality of the Husker fans.  Everyone welcomed A&M fans (which we were not) to Lincoln and wished them good luck for the game.  In Columbus or Ann Arbor, as soon as some partisans sense you might not be a fan of the local team, the insults are hurled.  It is foolish to park a vehicle that demonstrates loyalty to the opposition anywhere near the stadiums, unless you want to better know your insurance agent.

The attitude toward Nebraska football is amazing.  As we walked about Lincoln after dark, everyone recognized Bobby and greeted him like royalty.  He would sign autographs, toss footballs to kids and otherwise bring joy to Big Red faithful.

• Like 2

Any Aggie that can find a human date gets to kiss them after an Aggie score.

That makes more sense than the light thing. It takes forever to get the lights back up in a stadium after they go out.

Maybe at the time I heard of it, I was thinking they would to go out for me to sneak a kiss and run. Though that might not be a good idea.

Not really, when you consider that in almost all ways a&m demonstrates such loathing for anything Texas.

I'd wager it's a mutual loathing from what I've seen and heard.  I'd like to see a rivalry between the Texans and Cowboys like that.  It's hard to have a rivalry when they're in different divisions and neither one is very good.

• Like 1