What would change in your setup if you won the lottery?

Scrappydue

Here you go. Hey we can dream right?

Sure, thanks I bookmarked it, why I don't know but I did. :D

I wouldn't want something that fancy even if I could afford it, but it's some amazing homes. I would want a nice simple party house where I could have friends over with a little space to lay back, If I invited friends over to one of those places they would never leave !

Come on now. If someone just handed you 250 million in cash, net. Heck, just buy it and leave it to your kids! You will still have 239 million left, not counting the interest that has accrued in the first few weeks 250 mil a year @ 1% would be 2.5 mil a year in interest alone ! :) With that much dough, you're going to be buying a lot of real estate and giving a lot of it awayto keep Uncle Sams hand out of your cookie jar every year. You would prob. even have to buy a jet to create some major business expenses, depreciation and additional write offs. Oh and a full time personal tax CPA would be a must along with an attorney or two to manage your multiple trusts.

• Moderators

I wouldn't want something that fancy even if I could afford it, but it's some amazing homes. I would want a nice simple party house where I could have friends over with a little space to lay back, If I invited friends over to one of those places they would never leave !

Come on now. If someone just handed you 250 million in cash, net. Heck, just buy it and leave it to your kids! You will still have 239 million left, not counting the interest that has accrued in the first few weeks 250 mil a year @ 1% would be 2.5 mil a year in interest alone ! :) With that much dough, you're going to be buying a lot of real estate and giving a lot of it awayto keep Uncle Sams hand out of your cookie jar every year. You would prob. even have to buy a jet to create some major business expenses, depreciation and additional write offs. Oh and a full time personal tax CPA would be a must along with an attorney or two to manage your multiple trusts.

True, I am not use to counting with numbers like that, the last ideas for sure, I would have no choice, an a extra attorney with a briefcase full of cash, just to keep me out of trouble. ya never know :wacko:

A nice boat would also be handy, so many islands, so little time.

• Like 1

I would change every last thing Im sure. Cost always gets in the way.

Call me crazy but I bet we would enjoy what we have now over what we upgraded to in the long term. My room reminds me every day that hard work pays off. And how lucky I am. Sorry for getting all deep on you guys :rolleyes:

• Like 1

True, I am not use to counting with numbers like that, the last ideas for sure, I would have no choice, an a extra attorney with a briefcase full of cash, just to keep me out of trouble. ya never know :wacko:

Oh yeah. A nice little Sea plane and maybe a 100'-150' yacht. Also, Im sure there are a few "offshore" banks that would pay upwards of 3-4% on deposits of 10 million :)

If I won the lottery I think I would have a whole new set of hobbies that would pre-occupy my time. HT or 2CH would eventually enter into the equation down the road...a few years. After I got bored with my yacht and um, plane.

I also have a 'set of hobbies' in the back of my mind that of course, I may never have the money to participate. However, I would probably have to change out the stock sound systems that came with any yachts and planes that I buy.

Thinking, now what sets of headphones and amp choices should every plane seat come with?

• Moderators
Oh yeah. A nice little Sea plane and maybe a 100'-150' yacht. Also, Im sure there are a few "offshore" banks that would pay upwards of 3-4% on deposits of 10 million

A sea plane was really a first thought, until I thought of the news headlines, dummy killed in plane crash after just winning millions ! :(

As long as the boat had a shallow enough draft to get close enough to an island to ferry on the smaller boat it carries and launches.

And conveniently those banks are on an island with a nice reef and centrally located in the Caribbean !

Edited by dtel

Oh yeah. A nice little Sea plane and maybe a 100'-150' yacht. Also, Im sure there are a few "offshore" banks that would pay upwards of 3-4% on deposits of 10 million

A sea plane was really a first thought, until I thought of the news headlines, dummy killed in plane crash after just winning millions ! :(

As long as the boat had a shallow enough draft to get close enough to an island to ferry on the smaller boat it carries and launches.

And conveniently those banks are on an island with a nice reef and centrally located in the Caribbean !

Those offshore banks literally line the streets on Caymen island.

Obviously, there has to be elevated risks involving them though

Money-Laundering-2.jpg

• Moderators
Those offshore banks literally line the streets on Caymen island. Obviously, there has to be elevated risks involving them though

Your right, been there a few times but surely not for banking. Yes probably risky but it's only like 10 mil so it wouldn't be a huge risk.

There was a forum member who lived in Grand Cayman, a couple of years ago I emailed him asking about the best places around the island to snorkel, we took his advice and it was nice.

Edited by dtel

I have heard from a couple of friends that Cayman has some of the best diving period. Notably the shear shelf area known as "the wall." I would say since we are on our way to be Billionaires we should just buy Amway island. Something I just noticed....Sting (the singer) has more money than us! He's worth 300M and decided to leave all of his children out of his will so they will be like the rest of us schmucks! What a guy.

I would buy this to get the ball rolling

Taking applications for a housekeeper that doesn't look like the pic. I do windows ?

a-la-mer-183835-f.jpg

Love being on the ocean, but I need a dock. To live on the water I need to be able to fish. I miss our old house in the Florida Keys. It wasn't on the ocean but on a saltwater canal which lead right to the ocean. Just jump on the boat and go. When you get back tie it up and if it's too late clean it up in he morning. The convenience of not having to trailer a boat is awesome.

• Like 1

Better Call Saul...