Klipsch LaScalas are about the "Details"

Youthman

• Moderators

My parents bought the movie "God's Not Dead" a few weeks ago but had not watched it yet. I invited them over this evening to watch it and even though it wasn't any type of action or special effects, at one point, my step mom looked at me and said, "Is that your neighbors dog or your speakers". :D Man I love the detail in these LaScalas! :emotion-21:

I told her there are many times I have heard things when watching a movie and look over my shoulder or question is that from the movie or from outside. Clarity, Detail, Emotion.....that's why we love Klipsch!

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 2

Damn you Youthman...making me reconsider my modified RF-7s for my front three behind the screen.

I would love to build 3 Cornscalas with elip 400 horns and ALK crossovers...I've never had anything but RF behind my screen and now you got me wondering...lol.

I took out the LaScalas and replaced with RF 7's and an RC 7 I am very pleased. I have more room (which was the main reason I did it) but don't feel there was much of a drop off in performance. In fact I like what I am hearing a bit better.  Now this is for movies and sports exclusively and not music per se. I am looking forward to getting the Cornwalls and Heresys out of there and replacing with the other pair of RF 7's and pair of RC 7's I have laying around for this purpose.

I can only imagine how much better it would be if the crossovers were upgraded but really right now it's pretty darn great.

My point is "Don't sweat it Gorm your system is crazy good"!!!!

Now if I were playing a lot of music I might change my tune......(pun intended)

• Moderators
My point is "Don't sweat it Gorm your system is crazy good"!!!!

Agreed.  It's difficult sometimes to just sit back and enjoy the systems that we have built.  Yes there are always bigger / better gear but at some point, we should be able to get to a place where we are able to truly enjoy what we have.  I'm definitely at that place.  ;)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • Moderators

Had a few friends over this evening for Valentines Cookout.  One of my neighbors invited his brother and sister-n-law over.  Brian asked me to show his brother the HT.  He shares that he has a Magnapan setup with a Sony Receiver.  I showed him the components and I demoed a scene from Transformers Dark of the Moon, then switched over to music from Spotify and Youtube.  He couldn't believe the amount of detail the LaScalas produced.  He kept saying, "And those are from the 80's?".  :D  That's totally what I fell in love with on the LaScalas....the amount of detail, huge soundstage and smooth midrange.  I'm enjoying the LS more and more each day.

• Like 4

There can be a dog, tiger, elephant or anything on the tv and my dogs will lay there in their sleepy stupor....

If and when however, a dog (or other animal) might bark over the Klipsch speakers....  they will immediately turn their head and react.

That's gotta say something good.

• Like 2

Had a few friends over this evening for Valentines Cookout.  One of my neighbors invited his brother and sister-n-law over.  Brian asked me to show his brother the HT.  He shares that he has a Magnapan setup with a Sony Receiver.  I showed him the components and I demoed a scene from Transformers Dark of the Moon, then switched over to music from Spotify and Youtube.  He couldn't believe the amount of detail the LaScalas produced.  He kept saying, "And those are from the 80's?".  :D  That's totally what I fell in love with on the LaScalas....the amount of detail, huge soundstage and smooth midrange.  I'm enjoying the LS more and more each day.

It is an awesome feeling isn't it when friends come over, and comment about how great your system sounds... Especially when they have heard or own High End equipment before, and prefer your system.

• Like 1