College Football National Championship Semifinals

Boxx

College Football National Championship Semifinals  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What four college teams will make it to the first semifinals this year.

The Horned Frogs will have more than a peach pit to pick

Or they will come out flat as a pancake because of the way the playoff worked out.

That may well be true...

On the other hand, the only guy that I can see make a flat pancake is the kid from Baylor.  At 6'7" 420 lbs., he may be one of the biggest players I've ever seen play... (that could move).

Edited by Boxx

The Horned Frogs will have more than a peach pit to pick

Or they will come out flat as a pancake because of the way the playoff worked out.

Patterson usually does a great job preparing his team for big games.  Remember the Rose Bowl Wisconsin?

Yes indeed I do.... Great ballgame.

Unintended consequences

Two things I did not consider, until now:

1.  Conference Championship counts:  It's the first time I can ever remember that winning a conference championship mattered.  Usually those CC's are just another trophy for the trophy case, then the real glory came in the bowl game.

2.  Style points count.  I have never seen a team win a single game big at the end of the season and see it count for so much.  In the old format, you had to LOSE to drop out of the national championship race.  Not this year.

No matter which team was left out, I think there is no doubt that the four remaining contenders are all worthy candidates to be the National Champion.  This should be an interesting bowl season, which I think will make a LOT of money for their respective schools/conferences.

Unintended consequences

1.  Conference Championship counts:  It's the first time I can ever remember that winning a conference championship mattered.  Usually those CC's are just another trophy for the trophy case, then the real glory came in the bowl game.

2.  Style points count.  I have never seen a team win a single game big at the end of the season and see it count for so much.  In the old format, you had to LOSE to drop out of the national championship race.  Not this year.

No matter which team was left out, I think there is no doubt that the four remaining contenders are all worthy candidates to be the National Champion.  This should be an interesting bowl season, which I think will make a LOT of money for their respective schools/conferences.

If style points count FSU should not be there even though they are undefeated against the teams they played.  What this shows is that the entire season does not count, it's more "what have you done for me lately."

Unintended consequences

If style points count FSU should not be there even though they are undefeated against the teams they played.  What this shows is that the entire season does not count, it's more "what have you done for me lately."

That certainly is the truth.

Interesting that not much was said about the lack of command FSU had over GT last night.

Lack of command in just about every game this season my good friend.

Yes, but everyone else, that was a contender, was ridiculed for their lack of performance in their end of the season game if they had a close game...

Unintended consequences

And to top it off WVU has to play a&m in a bowl game..... Huppa-belew-ka-nick-ka-nack... our something like that.....

If your going to delete my post without notice I will go away.

Par for the course. Been there. Just remember all your good buds on here voted.

No explanation, no apology, I might come back, but it will be on my terms. I did use an adult word, which did not warrant whacking the whole post.

Adiós, boys.

Let me try and figure it out... Most of the Mod. controls I can't even figure out....

You are back in play... I did edit one word. 

When I found the post in the graveyard it does not tell be who moved it.

Hang around, I enjoy your insights....