College Football National Championship Semifinals

Boxx

College Football National Championship Semifinals  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What four college teams will make it to the first semifinals this year.

Near half time, and we are seeing some predicted scenarios play out.  FSU is losing style points (28-21) vs an inferior GT team, and Ohio State is winning style points (Edit 38-0 half) vs Wis.

Even if FSU wins by a little, will style points be enough to jump OSU over an undefeated defending national champ?  I say "no."  FSU wins and they're in.

Edited by wvu80

Ohio St. vs Wisconsin in Big Ten Championship 38 to 0 the end of the second quarter.  Who would have thought the backup to the injured backup QB would look like he is a seasoned veteran.  WOW!  What a statement for the National Championship!

Edited by derrickdj1

Ohio St. vs Wisconsin in Big Ten Championship 31 to 0 near the end of the second quarter.  Who would have thought the backup to the injured backup QB would look like he is a seasoned veteran.  WOW!

Now 38-0 at the half and I am reconsidering that style points would not be enough for OSU.  They look like a juggernaut.  If OSU wins 76-0 I think they jump TCU.

Edited by wvu80

I now vote for OSU as #4, and I predict the committee will also.  OSU is outright champion of the B1G 10 Conference.  TCU is co-champion of the Big 12.  Since the committee would have no way of choosing between TCU or Baylor, due to the Big 12's lack of a championship game, the Buckeyes make that hair splitting unnecessary.

Next year the Big 12 would be well advised to have a true champion by way of a game, not bickering among coaches, ADs and the Big 12 commissioner.

• Like 1

Let's see, the B1G 10 has 14 teams and the Big 12 has . . . . ?   The 12 - 1 outright winning champ of a 14 team conference should trump a whining co-champ of a shrinking collection of schools that don't play defense.

Edited by DizRotus

The only robbery that has occurred is the fact that Baylor is not Big 12 champ. By rule they should be because head to head they beat TCU. There is no allowance for a co-champion in the conference by rule, that is until this year LOL.

Alabama, Oregon, TCU, Florida St. I'm guessing for the final four. It's gonna be an interesting show.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11992137/baylor-bears-coach-art-briles-criticizes-big-12-co-champions-policy

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 1