College Football National Championship Semifinals

Boxx

College Football National Championship Semifinals  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What four college teams will make it to the first semifinals this year.

Time to do some battle damage assessment:

Yeah, what a game Aub/OleMiss was!  If not for a fumble by Ole Miss on the one foot line into the endzone in the last couple of minutes, we would be having a different discussion right now.  OM drops 3 spots.

FSU:  They looked awful on Thurs nite, not top 4 material IMO.

Miss State:  #1 won 17-10 over an un-ranked opponent?  Not impressive either.

The LV bookies this week were picking #11 Georgia to win the national championship!  You can't win it if you ain't in it, and they ain't in it after a loss to Florida.

#5 Oregon spanked the slumping Stanford Cardinals 45-16, and will advance into the top 4.

#10 ND can't put Navy away?  (42-39 right now) They don't move anywhere.

#7 TCU beat #20 WVU 31-30 with a FG as time expired.  Is that impressive, or should they have won 82-0 like they did last week?  I don't think the win helps them much, but I bet WVU doesn't fall that far.

Edited by wvu80

I don't know. Fl St. was down 21-0 and came back in the second half to win the game. I can't stand Winston but got to give credit where its due.

Miss St. beat unranked Arkansas 17-10, but Arkansas could be the 10th best team in the country and lose every game in that conference. Just look at who they've lost to.

Your last three points are good. Oregon continues to look good against lesser opponents.

• Like 1

Miss St. beat unranked Arkansas 17-10, but Arkansas could be the 10th best team in the country and lose every game in that conference. Just look at who they've lost to.

Yeah, I see your point.  I think #6 Alabama should be in the top 4 and would be favored on a neutral field against any top ten team right now, and Alabama only beat Arkansas 14-13 a couple of weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't kept up with college football very closely this year but MS ain't got schit. Why were they ranked #1? I imagine Vanderbilt will kick their a$$es next week.

Keith

Because in one stretch MSU beat three undefeated top 10 opponents in a row!  And of course, they were undefeated until today.

Everyone has a flat day.  Miss state, TCU, FSU all did. 

Agreed.  I thought Miami looked real good, though.  Good QB, a really good RB.  Miami lost because FSU has what most champions have, which is another gear.  I thought they really turned it on the second half of the game.

+++

Don't you now have to move Miss State to 5th, and Ala to 3rd or 4th?  I don't see any of the 6+ teams jumping any of the top 5.