College Football National Championship Semifinals

Boxx

College Football National Championship Semifinals  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What four college teams will make it to the first semifinals this year.

So tonight is the first night of the 12 person vote. I'm predicting Miss St. Florida St., Auburn, and Alabama in the top 4. How do you see it?

I see it like you, but the CFP rankings (our new acronym to learn) gave Alabama no love and put them in 6th.  I don't think that's too bad, as the season is not yet over.

I think sometimes the committee ranks two teams together, like #7 TCU and #9 Kansas State knowing the two teams will play each other and the true #7 will emerge.

Boxx I think you're right about WVU vs TCU being a statement game for WVU, a trap game for TCU.  Even I don't have a solid guess how this will turn out.

WVU was 4-8 last year with a historic bad defense, and this year was supposed to be worse.  I think WVU was favored in maybe one or two games, the others against the likes of Alabama, OK and Baylor were supposed to be gigantic blowouts.  It turns out that WVU held the giants to 10 point wins, and upset Baylor, all top 5 at the time.

WVU has now proven itself to have an impressive passing attack with a good QB and the #1 receiver in the country.  They have a hot/cold defense but better lately, and horrible special teams (can't catch a punt without a muff, they have had 6-8 guys try).  I still don't think they have the talent level to stay with a high quality top 10 opponent, but we shall see. 

That's why they play the game!

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Auburn will be out of the running after this game.....

After your Ok miss this could be considered a ringing endorsement for Auburn. :D

That's true... Whenever there is serious wagering to be done.... Go against the Boxx,  your odds will be good... LOL...