College Football National Championship Semifinals

Boxx

College Football National Championship Semifinals  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What four college teams will make it to the first semifinals this year.

I hate to say it, but the Big 10 Conference is already out of this thing.

I hate to say it, but the Big 10 Conference is already out of this thing.

You're probably correct. The only hope is for a B1G team to end up with 1 loss while teams from the other 4 "power" conferences trade losses. Even if four other 1 loss teams are available (no unbeatens) the weakness of the B1G will keep it's champ out.

At this point, the Spartans seem to have the best, albeit slim, chance. If they run the table, 1 loss to Oregon won't look too bad. The Badgers, Buckeyes, etc. have losses to weaker teams than the Ducks. Victories over weak B1G teams won't help this year.

• Like 1

The Pederasts & Cornhuskers are still undefeated.

Not for long, I suspect.  If (when) they lose to another B1G team, they will be doomed, as losses to a team in the weak B1G conference will be especially damning.  In the unlikely event that Nebraska or PSU were to run the table, including the conference championship, they would have a small chance if the other power conference teams trade losses.  It's more likely that pigs will fly, and I'm not talking about the Razorbacks.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

What is wrong with Texas? 

Naturally you would not expect this to happen, but Charlie Strong has a lot of housecleaning to do.  However, UT has a QB commitment from a kid out of New Mexico that has the town talking.... 

Indeed it does Boxx and I sure hope Charlie can get his new prospect up to speed and get the Strong Ball format in place. You know as well as I do that Charlie is a new era for Texas and that the powers (and money) that be will be expecting a quick revamp :blink: With his coaching cleanup and player extraction I'm literally hoping we can pull one or two out before this years gone by :(

• Like 1