College Football National Championship Semifinals

Boxx

College Football National Championship Semifinals  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What four college teams will make it to the first semifinals this year.

if Baylor gets beat.

That's a big "if," but it could happen...

It happened!

Yes indeed, great game WVU....

10689870_10205092092611277_7139424560957

For those who didn't know, I was in the WVU Marching Band, BITD.  Percussion section.

I had Baylor in the final 4 with Oklahoma, who also lost today.  I think all my final four pics in this poll are now history, maybe Florida State is left, I'll have to check.

It was a sloppy game, as Baylor set a school and Big 12 record for stupidity with 18 penalties and nearly grabbed the national record with 215 yards in penalties! (short by about 20 yards)   :o   WVU wasn't much better, with 14 penalties and 3 turnovers.

Baylor is NOT a top four team with that amount of penalties, and neither was OK which they proved by not being able to punch it in with first and goal late in the 4th period, and by missing a field goal which was shorter than a PAT!

I don't think any Big 12 team can now climb into the final four.  It now looks like the ND/FSU winner vs three teams from the SEC West.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

I don't think any Big 12 team can now climb into the final four.
Despite the loss to Baylor, don't count out TCU, just yet...

I agree with you to a point.  I think TCU is tremendous, and it's not the one-loss that bothers me.  I just don't think a top-4 team should give up 61 points in a game to anyone.

I'm hoping you're right, because I'd like to see my Big 12 Conference champ have a seat at the Final Four table.  There is still a LOT of football to be played.

+++

Edit:  I just checked my top four and the other two teams I had in was FSU and Alabama.  I think FSU falls tonight, as ND looks like a pretty solid team.  OTOH Alabama just had a statement game by annihilating #21 Texas A&M 59-zip!

Edited by wvu80

I don't think any Big 12 team can now climb into the final four.
Despite the loss to Baylor, don't count out TCU, just yet...

I agree with you to a point.  I think TCU is tremendous, and it's not the one-loss that bothers me.  I just don't think a top-4 team should give up 61 points in a game to anyone.

I'm hoping you're right, because I'd like to see my Big 12 Conference champ have a seat at the Final Four table.  There is still a LOT of football to be played.

I agree.... I really enjoy the competitiveness that WVU has brought to the Big 12....

• Like 1

wvu80-

I confess, had to Google "BITD."

I suspect you're using it as "Back In The Day," but as a percussionist, perhaps you meant Beat It To Death." :-)

In any case, congratulations to WVU for thinning the herd of the undefeated.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

Hey, I'm back in it for the Final Four!  Two out four anyway, with FSU and Alabama.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings

I originally voted for OK, Baylor, FSU and Alabama.  Bama lost of course and fell down to about 10th, but is now the top rated 1-loss team and ranked 4th.  OK is 2-loss and is now legally dead, and I don't think Baylor with its no-defense can climb any higher than 8-10th.

The poll shows me having voted for Mississippi, but I don't remember voting for them.

+++

Other:  WVU got ranked 22 AP and 25 USA Today, its first Top 25 ranking of the year.  Marshall (WV)  is still undefeated and climbing very slowly, if at all.  Their weak schedule will limit them to about 16th, I'm guessing below the 2-loss teams, but above the 3-loss teams.  Marshall is 23/22 ranked.

Nebraska is slowing climbing, currently at 16th.  They could make top ten by the end of the season.

Yes, this is WVU coach Dana Holgorson riding the WV state animal, the black bear, or if you prefer, the Baylor Bear to its first national ranking of the year.   B)

10380271_931789630182146_862495129827054

+++

Attention Boxx: Your poll shows one Mississippi, TWO MISSISSIPPI.  :P

Edited by wvu80