Pair of Cornwalls for sale (CD-BR) 1977

Ziggy5225

i agree with you michael that they are stunners but if the original owner says they came from the factory with the moulding and the grills then i wouldn't call them decorators anymore. they started out being decorators with the flush fronts but then they added the moulding and the grills.

Edited by Budman

• 2 weeks later...

$3.40 per gallon?  I just drove Indiana to New Jersey, and the highest I saw was $3.02.  Current prices in Indiana are $2.69.

New York is typically anywhere from 0.75- $1.00 per gallon more, AND THEY HAVE TO PUMP THEIR OWN GAS. We don't and where I live have prices from $2.12 to $2.28

• 4 weeks later...

Are they finished under the grills?

Strong considering running over from Iowa to grab these...

Would you mind removing the grills and snapping a few photos? Might even be badges under the photos.

Thanks!

Edited by Gorm

they always paint the motorboard black before installing grills

since ziggy bought these new from a dealer i think the factory had these left over and just decided to add the trim and the grills and send them out or someone could have ordered them this way and then cancelled and the factory sent them out to a dealer. anything was possible back then

Edited by Budman

it

anything was possible back then                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

you are right -   the grilles are definitely a factory klipsch item -the lone laser logo is correct for the year 77 -  and these Decorators dont have any logos under the grilles -plus  there are no marks to show that there were any logos that were removed -

-my understanding back then is that dealers could order the speakers as they wished  to bring down the cost  - a set of Decorators was maybe cheaper to purchase with a set of grilles than a set of Cornwalls with grilles  -

-remember the 70's and the high interest rates - every saving counted -we all know Klipsch was producing a high quality

-for this point I have a set of Cornwalls I bought in 1980 that came with no logos on the grilles from the factory -why - was  the dealer meant to install the logos and never did , was there a saving , or simply an error from the factory -

Like you said -anything was possible back then   

• 3 weeks later...