So what is a pair of Epic CF-4s worth?

sb001

Found these at another local pawn shop. Unbiased people on other forums say they are the best sounding of the older Klipsch lines, play deep and with enough impact they don;t sound shrill like some other Klipsch models are prone to do.

Sb001,

"Pawn shop", "thrift shop"--I keep reading about the extraordinary good luck some people have.  Hesitate to hang around pawn/thrift shops for the excitement, though.

Anyway, to give an answer to your question, knowing that there will be additional answers following, there recently have been CF-4s for sale on this forum.  Seems that the initial/starting price tends to be $1,200 at the high end.  The transactions that I have noticed generally end up about $800, though a recent one apparently sold for $750 (in NY).  But you may be in a somewhat less-populated area where there is less activity/population w/ the CF-4s, which would affect the transaction price, too.

Likewise, I have noticed various CraigsList advertisements in the $900/$1000 - $1,200 price range.

Anyway, please let us know some of the specifics of what you have purchased (color, condition, location, and price, if you wish), and we will all rejoice with you in your certain delight (except, possibly, for those of us with a twinge of jealousy for those who find the color, condition, location, all at a great price).

• Like 1

I agree with everything Jim in St. Louis said, just upstream. (including NOT wanting to hang out in pawn shops!  :rolleyes: )

Condition obviously affects price which you already know, but I would think any CF-4's under $600 would be an absolute value grab, and would be profitable even if you bought them just to flip them.

+++

Edit:  I just re-read SB's first post.  Are you asking for opinions on how the CF-4 sounds?  In a word, tremendous.

Edited by wvu80

I agree with everything Jim in St. Louis said, just upstream. (including NOT wanting to hang out in pawn shops!  :rolleyes: )

Condition obviously affects price which you already know, but I would think any CF-4's under $600 would be an absolute value grab, and would be profitable even if you bought them just to flip them.

+++

Edit:  I just re-read SB's first post.  Are you asking for opinions on how the CF-4 sounds?  In a word, tremendous.

Well sort of- compared to, say, the Heritage line Fortes, Choruses, Cornwalls etc all of which I have heard.

And what's wrong with pawn shops, as long as you don't go looking for trouble? Some of the best deals I've ever come across lay on the shelves of those places.

You guys do not need to waste your typing on this guy. 

Here is his handywork after a bunch of member went out of their way to help him determine the value of some cornwalls:

"Yep. Come on over to Decatur- and find out it's a town with a population of 203, one cafe, one bank, and ZERO pawn shops.

You'll note however the craigslist ad says Tulsa.

Can't blame me for seeing if there's any local interest at $1000, where I could buy the speakers turn around a flip them and make a cool few hundred. :D"

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/152542-hoping-someone-can-help-with-cornwall-decision/page-3

Apparently he is building an empire a few hundred bucks at a time...

OP also attempted to extort a fee for telling another forum member where a pair of Cornwall were that he stated he thought were to expensive and he would not buy

He is phishing for info in order to flip speakers :emotion-45:  :emotion-45:  :emotion-45:

(I am responding to Tiger Woods, too)

Fellah's, I think we are looking at his posts through our own filters.  I read the same posts you guys did, but I came to a different conclusion.

I am optimistic by nature and saw those posts through my own filter, which is, I thought he was kidding (ie "what's in it for me?").  He was then ATTACKED for for having less-than-ideal financial morals, lower standards than he was expected to have for posting on this forum.

I had no interest in the speakers, so I did not respond to that post, but if I WERE interested in purchasing and "what's in it for me" was the response, MY response would have been "my eternal gratitude" (with BIG smiley thingy -> :D )  There is NO extortion here, "extortion" is a conclusion, not a fact.

Fact:  Not everybody buys Klipsch for the love of the brand.

Fact:  Flipping speakers is not a crime.

Conclusion:  We are all men here, and what True Man doesn't want a "deal?" (a set of thousand dollar speakers for 500 bucks?) B)

Edited by wvu80

OP also attempted to extort a fee for telling another forum member where a pair of Cornwall were that he stated he thought were to expensive and he would not buy

He is phishing for info in order to flip speakers :emotion-45:  :emotion-45:  :emotion-45:

(I am responding to Tiger Woods, too)

Fellah's, I think we are looking at his posts through our own filters.  I read the same posts you guys did, but I came to a different conclusion.

I am optimistic by nature and saw those posts through my own filter, which is, I thought he was kidding (ie "what's in it for me?").  He was then ATTACKED for for having less-than-ideal financial morals, lower standards than he was expected to have for posting on this forum.

I had no interest in the speakers, so I did not respond to that post, but if I WERE interested in purchasing and "what's in it for me" was the response, MY response would have been "my eternal gratitude" (with BIG smiley thingy -> :D )  There is NO extortion here, "extortion" is a conclusion, not a fact.

Fact:  Not everybody buys Klipsch for the love of the brand.

Fact:  Flipping speakers is not a crime.

Conclusion:  We are all men here, and what True Man doesn't want a "deal?" (a set of thousand dollar speakers for 500 bucks?) B)

I give the benefit of doubt as well till they keep going with more and more ignorance, then all my doubt goes out the window

If it walks like and talks like a duck...............................I call it a duck

He certainly has the right to do as he wishes flip or not, my problem is he came in taking advantage of forum member knowledge under the guise of wanting to buy speakers for himself.  Frankly you could get a better idea of speaker fair market value researching ebay, audiogon and various other web site sales (actual sold items)

Flipping speakers is not a crime, However that is not what I have found to be TRUE members of this forum to be about, sure we buy and sell but as I have learned here over the past 10 years our motives are to try new things / sounds, some we like some we dont

As to your conclusion, He has made it clear he does not want speakers he wants to flip speakers.  Real Conclusion he wants the Profit 

Its all good we just see this guys / gals motives in a different way  :)

You guys do not need to waste your typing on this guy. 

Here is his handywork after a bunch of member went out of their way to help him determine the value of some cornwalls:

"Yep. Come on over to Decatur- and find out it's a town with a population of 203, one cafe, one bank, and ZERO pawn shops.

You'll note however the craigslist ad says Tulsa.

Can't blame me for seeing if there's any local interest at $1000, where I could buy the speakers turn around a flip them and make a cool few hundred. :D"

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/152542-hoping-someone-can-help-with-cornwall-decision/page-3

Apparently he is building an empire a few hundred bucks at a time...

PaaaaLease!