Newbie wanna be to the world of klipsch

Jeff Penley

Guest Steven1963

Do tell? Just out of curiosity how much are they asking for that RSW-15?

It's listed at $550...but the seller might be willing to take less.  Never hurts to ask.  Fantastic sub for sure.

I would pay $550 for that sub.  IF it was in good shape and matched the one I currently have (Cherry).

EDIT:  I just looked at the link above. Yes it is in good shape and yes it matches the one I have.  Too bad it's so far away. :(

Edited by Steven1963

I've owned the 82s and heresys. If you get a sub the heresys get my vote. If no sub then the 82s.

Thanks for the advice. I'm leaning towards the Heresy's, Which sub would you recommend and also what about a center, I've been looking around the net and the academy seems to be the favorite.

• Moderators
I'm leaning towards the Heresy's, Which sub would you recommend and also what about a center, I've been looking around the net and the academy seems to be the favorite.

Klipsch RSW-12 or RSW-15 would mate very well with the Heresy but you don't have to stay with Klipsch.  I've enjoyed the Velodyne HGS15 for several years until I found an RSW-15 to compare.  Needless to say, the Dual Velodyne subs were sold and I kept the RSW-15.  Liked it so much, I now have two.

Center will depend on available space.  If you have the room, a Heresy would the the best center.  If you need a smaller rectangular shaped center, the Academy would do.  I've owned 3 Academy's.  I personally wasn't overly impressed with them but it's not a bad center either.

Buy yourself 3 of the Heresy's III's for your Left, Center and Right (LCR) speakers and a pair of the new Reference R-110SW subs, you'll be happy happy happy!!

Edit:

Sorry, I didn't read that you didn't have room for the Heresy as a center until just now. The RC-7 would be my next suggestion but they're not exactly small either. Quite a bit shorter though if that's your limitation.

Edited by jjptkd

Buy yourself 3 of the Heresy's III's for your Left, Center and Right (LCR) speakers and a pair of the new Reference R-110SW subs, you'll be happy happy happy!!

Edit:

Sorry, I didn't read that you didn't have room for the Heresy as a center until just now. The RC-7 would be my next suggestion but they're not exactly small either. Quite a bit shorter though if that's your limitation.

Thanks

I've owned the 82s and heresys. If you get a sub the heresys get my vote. If no sub then the 82s.

Thanks for the advice. I'm leaning towards the Heresy's, Which sub would you recommend and also what about a center, I've been looking around the net and the academy seems to be the favorite.
Well budget will play a big part in the sub . Also room size. You can go without a center. I run Cornwalls in a 5.1 system with heresys and have no center. Sounds great. I use a svs Sb-2000 sub. It's a good sub for the money. Plays great with the heritage imo. If you want whole house vibrating bass you might need a bigger one though.

• Moderators

Yes, $2k for the entire set. It was a divorce sale and the lady was just wanting her ex's "junk" out of her garage. She was grateful to get $2k and I was grateful to help out. She knew he paid a lot for them but just didn't care as she seemed to be quite well off financially.