la scala

marcstpierre

Guest Steven1963

Single speaker, I assume?  Depending on how torn I'd say around $400 - $500.  If it's REALLY torn offer $300 or walk away. You can do better and get one in good shape instead. Pics would help. Also, depends on where you are at.  The prices I'm listing are for around me.

Edited by Steven1963

• Moderators

I think Steve has offered a pretty fair assessment.  A lot of variables will help determine price such as condition and especially location.  It's not uncommon to see LaScalas listed for $1200 - $1500 for a pair in good working condition.  With that said, if you are patient, you can find them for MUCH less.  I paid quite a bit less than that for all three of my LaScalas and they are in excellent condition both cosmetically and sonically.  Two were purchased locally here in Florida (which definitely helps with the price) and one from a forum member (wstrickland) that delivered it to my home from South Carolina.

I think you might be able to get a better price on buying a single LaScala from someone because not too many people are looking to buy just a single speaker so you might be able to use that to your advantage to get a good price on it.  Good luck with it and keep us posted.

I got mine for free from a forum member.  It did however, cost me $200 to have it shipped!

No drivers in it, no horn lens and no bottom cover panel, just an empty box.

Got one of those empties for $10 once. It was a very early one, since I had to unscrew the top to get to the woofer. IOW, it was all top access before they made a bottom access, which is superior in so many ways.

Guest Steven1963

I dunno man.  One white lascala with some beat up wood.  They never came in white so it'll never match anything you might try to pair it with down the road. Unless you put tons of elbow grease into it - or paid someone to do it.  Which in that case you'd have a couple hundred in re-finish work.  That, coupled with an upgrade in the network to get it sounding back to original...

To me, it's worth no more than a couple hundred and that's the top end.  $150 I'd buy...but that's just me. And I base my price on the fact that it's just one speaker and its condition. 

Which begs the question: why are you wanting to buy just one?  Center channel?  What are you matching it with? 

Edited by Steven1963

Guest Steven1963
its suppose to be a pair but dont see the other,still somewhere else. the guy whant a grant. to much for me. does it worth $500 for pair,if exist ,the guy wont accept. maybe i buid a brand new pair instead.

He wants a $1,000???

I must have missed where that was stated.

12th post above:

its suppose to be a pair but dont see the other,still somewhere else. the guy whant  a grant. to much for me. does it  worth $500 for pair,if exist ,the guy wont accept. maybe i buid a brand new pair instead.

Edited by Steven1963