RF-5s in Denver - $450

mattSER

I can't get the Klipsch information site to load right now for some reason, but I'm pretty sure the RF5 and RF7 DO NOT use the same horn. I believe that's the big difference. The RF-7 has the 1.75" where I believe the RF-5 is the 1". I remember hearing the 5, and to my ears it didn't have the sparkle of the 7.

• Like 1

I can't get the Klipsch information site to load right now for some reason, but I'm pretty sure the RF5 and RF7 DO NOT use the same horn. I believe that's the big difference. The RF-7 has the 1.75" where I believe the RF-5 is the 1". I remember hearing the 5, and to my ears it didn't have the sparkle of the 7.

pretty sure they DO use the exact same size horn. however you are referring to the compression driver and you are right, those are not the same in the 5' vs the 7's.

How different/better are RF5 than RF3's?

A fair bit better.  They use the same horn as the RF-7's, are a bit more efficient and were actually manufactured in Hope.  They're definitely the better speaker of the two.

The rf5s use a 1" driver. The 7s run a 1.75" driver in the horn. 

Edit: I see a few posts beat me to it. 

Edited by Pro-Cinema_Head