Microwave Thruster Operation Confirmed By NASA

Don Richard

Cool article,  Thanks for posting.........................................mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before. :D 

Maybe my kids or grandkids will see a space vehicle that can travel vast distances using this tech

“Test results indicate that the RF resonant cavity thruster design, which is unique as an electric propulsion device, is producing a force that is not attributable to any classical electromagnetic phenomenon and therefore is potentially demonstrating an interaction with the quantum vacuum virtual plasma,” 

I agree.... :wacko2: 

Very cool tech!!,,, though in the picture it almost looks victorian. It may have fallen off "The Time Machine". 

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/nasa-confirms-impossible-space-drive-actually-works-revolutionize-space-travel/#ixzz3HIbY8ByA 
Follow us: @digitaltrends on Twitter | digitaltrendsftw on Facebook

Edited by Audio Android

A new use for horns...? :)

This is intriguing - especially the application for geostationary orbit (GSO) lift and its very unconventional flight profile, which is low-G acceleration to orbit - and 1/10th the cost of conventional propulsion.

Edited by Chris A

I've been following this for nearly 15 years.  The Shawyer engine has been functional for a long time.  Of course, until NASA or the like validates it most people don't believe it as they either reject or can't read the science...which really isn't on the scale of Relativity or anything.

If you really want to project...

It may have been perfected even before Shawyer.  I've seen evidence he may have been exposed to the concept by others.  One theory has it that the recently "announced" Skunk Works CNR is also rather old news, and that the ubiquitous and still unidentified Big Black Deltas are power by the Skunk Works CNR and propelled by the emDrive. 

This hypothesis has it that the emDrive isn't ready for heavier that air take off yet, but a hybrid airship with aerodynamic shaping could be readily powered by it to significant speeds (in the low hundreds, not anything like a spacecraft or even a jet) and that it would have engines spaced as those seen by witnesses and in photos and be silent. 

While the knee jerk skeptic can poopoo the above, the science is sound enough.  Remember, Skunk Works McGuire seems to know the precise size (23X43) of a CNR he says hasn't be built yet. 

Dave

Just because it's unexplained doesn't make it any less real.  I am sure the explanation will be found soon and will be straightforward enough. 

Shawyer proposed in 2006 that very high Q superconducting resonant cavities could produce static specific thrusts of about 30 kN/kW, which is 3 tons of thrust per kilowatt of input power − "enough to lift a large car" that could be ready by 2020 with adequate funding.  Of course, the professional skeptics hooted it down.  That goal can probably still be met as it's obvious the Chinese, at least, have been busy on it.  One would hope that NASA, the Skunk Works...or Area 51 has been less skeptical as well.

Team an engine like that with a 20'X40' 100 megawatt CNR and some quick calcs that are probably off...but still rather impressive...suggest you could have a 150000 ton or so space craft that could take off from ground level.  Even if limited to sub-light speeds I suspect our Navy would LOVE to have their own "Battlestar Galactica." 

Now THAT would be rather impressive...

Dave

Team an engine like that with a 20'X40' 100 megawatt CNR and some quick calcs that are probably off...but still rather impressive...suggest you could have a 150000 ton or so space craft that could take off from ground level. Even if limited to sub-light speeds I suspect our Navy would LOVE to have their own "Battlestar Galactica."

That's what I was thinking too.

Edited by Don Richard

Just because it's unexplained doesn't make it any less real.  I am sure the explanation will be found soon and will be straightforward enough. 

Don't hold yoru breath.  Quantum mechanics and string theory seem to work, but there is nobody smart enough to figure them out.  Einstein was hot on the trail and then passed away.  He was criticised for chasing widnmills with a unified theory, and was heavily vindicated years after his death. 

Fascinating subject, but I am not smart enough to understand it. 

• Like 1

Don't hold yoru breath. Quantum mechanics and string theory seem to work, but there is nobody smart enough to figure them out. Einstein was hot on the trail and then passed away. He was criticised for chasing widnmills with a unified theory, and was heavily vindicated years after his death. Fascinating subject, but I am not smart enough to understand it.

OK...then I don't care if it's ever explained as long as I live to see a fine, silent, clean ship slip the surly bonds of earth to seek out strange new worlds...

Dave

• Like 1