Vinyl FS

A1UC

Hey A1,  heres a thought I had the same issue several years ago and what I did was pull 50 random albums and sell them (I charged 75.00 delivered) I sold most of what I had this way  here on the forum, the balance I took to a local dealer and got credit and used that to buy music I wanted

good luck with the sale albums are great and a PITA  all at the same time :D

Hey A1,  heres a thought I had the same issue several years ago and what I did was pull 50 random albums and sell them (I charged 75.00 delivered) I sold most of what I had this way  here on the forum, the balance I took to a local dealer and got credit and used that to buy music I wanted

good luck with the sale albums are great and a PITA  all at the same time :D

Another reason I'm going digital , I will prob just list them all for a fair price and what ever don't sell I will have a fire sale . I know there are a few that bring 20.00 plus on ebay  it just depends how much time I want to spend

Edited by A1UC

I am buying my first record player this afternoon, you guys are discouraging. :)

Vinyl fans going digital, digital babies going to vinyl, cats and dogs living together... what's this world coming to? :)

Don't be discouraged. Some (a lot?) of us are still buying vinyl. I just upgraded my cartridge and platter. TT sales at the local hifi shop we use are strong. I see no reason to "go" all digital or all vinyl, personally. We do both. Good luck on your new table. What are you getting?

• Like 1

I cant say one negative thing about the sound of vinyl , I still love the sound of vinyl . The only thing that I don't care for is the maintenance and the time it takes to prepare to listen to it . Oh yeah and the room it takes up . 

Okay I'm  Lazy I Said It :)   Its the end of the world when I need to get up and walk across the room to flip the record , or blow off that dust bunny that my cart sucked in .

What are you getting?

The Marantz with the built in preamp. Probably going to eventually have a dedicated two channel amp and a pair of Heresey's on it.

http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=HiFiComponents&SubCatId=0&ProductId=TT42P

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

I'm possibly interested in the list below.  Shoot me a PM and let me know how much, and where you're located (maybe I can pick them up locally).

Tom

Soaring Through A Dream : Like New Cover Still In Plastic

Project Tirami SU : Like New - Cover Still In Plastic

Cielo e Terra : Record Like New - Cover Good But Has Some Marks

Tour De Force Live - Record Like New - Cover Still In Plastic

Carlos Santana & Buddy Miles! Live!

Cream - Fresh Cream

CREAM - DISRAELI GEARS

CREAM - WHEELS OF FIRE

CREAM GOODBYE

Jeff Beck There & Back

Jeff Beck Wired

Shakti with John Mclaughlin

Are you nuts!

Elegant Gypsy contains one of the most magnificent tracks in the history of guitar music. An acoustic duet, one on each channel between Al DiMeola and Paco deLucia. 

You can stream that until your ears fall off and it will never sound that good as on that record.

Shame. For shame.

Shame.

Shame.

Shame.

Are you ashamed yet?

No?

Shame.

Shame.

Shame.

Shame.

Shame....

• Like 1

Are you nuts!

Elegant Gypsy contains one of the most magnificent tracks in the history of guitar music. An acoustic duet, one on each channel between Al DiMeola and Paco deLucia. 

You can stream that until your ears fall off and it will never sound that good as on that record.

Shame. For shame.

Shame.

Shame.

Shame.

Are you ashamed yet?

No?

Shame.

Shame.

Shame.

Shame.

Shame....

I will check it out  thanks :)

Are you nuts!

Shame. For shame.

Shame.

Shame.

Shame.

Are you ashamed yet?

No?

Shame.

Shame.

Shame.

Shame.

Shame....

I will check it out  thanks :)