Whereiseverybody?

Schu

There is that old proverb (or was it an aphorism) that says a couple should place a nickel in a jar each time they have sex before marriage while dating. Once married, the couple should take a nickel out of the jar each time they have sex. Proverb (or aphorism) states that married couple will never empty the jar.

I had heard the same thing with a slight twist.  Instead of nickels it was pennies (inflation??) and it directed the couple to put one in the jar each time for the first year after the wedding and start taking one out after the first anniversary.  Yes, it supposedly would never empty.

Your version is probably the one most documented.  I forgot that for many, sex is a "forbidden fruit" before marriage. :o

• Like 1

Since he is married, I have always heard that it must mean spending the paycheck on her...... :ph34r:

There is that old proverb (or was it an aphorism) that says a couple should place a nickel in a jar each time they have sex before marriage while dating.  Once married, the couple should take a nickel out of the jar each time they have sex.  Proverb (or aphorism) states that married couple will never empty the jar. :unsure:

Regarding putting a nickel in a jar....

Just today, I had a meeting with a guy.  He's ballpark 70 years old, mother is in nursing home.

Said that during the 60's / 70's, both he & his wife had nice paying jobs.  He's got some carpenter skills so he built a box.  Interesting thing about the box is it had no openings.  It was a solid (internally hollow) box.  He cut a slit into it.  They agreed that each week they'd put $100 into the box.  He went on to say that they did that for 20 years, sometimes putting in $200 or if they could afford it, $300.

Box was stored in his secret place in the house....wife caught cancer and he tended to her for seven or so years, totally forgetting about the box.

He's remarried....remembered the box and found it.  Told the new wife, he had a surprise for her.  He knew mathematically he had at least $100K in the box.

She was there when he opened it.  Seems he had something like $120K.

Today, his issue is getting the cash back INTO his accounts so he can use it.  I told him he has to now worry about the IRS.

Seems he already knows that.  Doesn't want ANY red flags to go up so he's depositing it a bit here & a bit there.

I didn't ask if he & the new wife are still....  :wub:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Since he is married, I have always heard that it must mean spending the paycheck on her...... :ph34r:

There is that old proverb (or was it an aphorism) that says a couple should place a nickel in a jar each time they have sex before marriage while dating.  Once married, the couple should take a nickel out of the jar each time they have sex.  Proverb (or aphorism) states that married couple will never empty the jar. :unsure:

Regarding putting a nickel in a jar....

Just today, I had a meeting with a guy.  He's ballpark 70 years old, mother is in nursing home.

Said that during the 60's / 70's, both he & his wife had nice paying jobs.  He's got some carpenter skills so he built a box.  Interesting thing about the box is it had no openings.  It was a solid (internally hollow) box.  He cut a slit into it.  They agreed that each week they'd put $100 into the box.  He went on to say that they did that for 20 years, sometimes putting in $200 or if they could afford it, $300.

Box was stored in his secret place in the house....wife caught cancer and he tended to her for seven or so years, totally forgetting about the box.

He's remarried....remembered the box and found it.  Told the new wife, he had a surprise for her.  He knew mathematically he had at least $100K in the box.

She was there when he opened it.  Seems he had something like $120K.

Today, his issue is getting the cash back INTO his accounts so he can use it.  I told him he has to now worry about the IRS.

Seems he already knows that.  Doesn't want ANY red flags to go up so he's depositing it a bit here & a bit there.

I didn't ask if he & the new wife are still....  :wub:

Why would he have to worry about the IRS?  His cash is after-tax money, isn't it?  If you stash any amount of money from your paycheque and don't earn any interest on it, that's your business and nobody else's.  Is that somehow taxable in the US?

Im here practically every day, though I don't say much, this is still the best forum on the planet, great topics / greater people.

Boxing week I got all brand new Marantz SR 7007 receiver, Klipsch RC64ii and RF82iis( rear surrounds) for under $2000.

My 2 channel is now a 5 channel, mixing in my emotiva gear as well.

While knowing full well it is a total miss match to my Cornwalls its sounds ok, I run everything full (large)

I couldn't find anyone who would sell me a single Heresy II or III so I opted for the latter

As im typing this I looked at Canuck audio and see locally 2 walnut heresys II and a pair of la scalas selling $1400 for all of them , grrrrr and I cant return the speakers as it only gives me a store credit no cash refunds.

• Like 1

When I got my Cornwalls they came with a spare K-33-E 15" speaker it sat in a box for another year.

The wifes parents pasted away 1 month apart we inherited a 70s retro mini bar which sat here for a year aswell.

One day sitting there I picked up my tap measure and found the mini bar was within inches of being the same size as my Cornwalls

The lid on the bar opened and the front door becomes a lil table so to speak.

I removed all the hardware and sealed the top lid went to home depot and got a 1" MDF cut to size, I calked, braced and sealed cabinet exactly the same as the Cornwalls.

I striped the cabinet sanded down to bare wood and spilled my coffee on bare wood dam

I went upstairs got a cup of cold water opened the jar of Nescafe instant coffee and made a Stain 3 coat later was looking good then varathaned rest is history

The wife picked out the grill fabric,and it soundsamazing ,I added a Dayton 500 watt plate amp to rear

post-54594-0-13340000-1420464708_thumb.j

• Like 1