New paint job on old faithful

USNRET

2003 Silverado Super Sport at 150,000 miles it is getting new seats, carpet, stereo and paint job. It has been outside since new and lost a lot of clear coat but only one minor surface corrosion at third brake light and thankfully zero dents, bondo, etc.

post-19886-0-15900000-1418086790_thumb.j

post-19886-0-05860000-1418086804_thumb.j

post-19886-0-00620000-1418088504_thumb.j

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 3

It was either drive this til it quit or my bicycle. The wife says it has to last until I hand it down to my 13 year old son, then I can get a new one. It's solid without any problems (knock on wood) but with AWD and 4:10 gearing I get 12.5 MPG on premium fuel.

I had a local upholstery shop do the leather and headrest embroidery; with carpet labor $1750. OEM carpet from GM $330. Paint $2750 with bumper cover, door handles, etc and bed removal.

Two weeks for the interior and 2 weeks for the paint provided they get done on Friday as promised.

I did the stereo install as the local shops were outrageous. Simple Kenwood double din with required adapters to retain steering wheel controls, chimes and factory Booooz speakers and amp.

Edited by USNRET
  • Like 2

It was either drive this til it quit or my bicycle. The wife says it has to last until I hand it down to my 13 year old son, then I can get a new one. It's solid without any problems (knock on wood) but with AWD and 4:10 gearing I get 12.5 MPG on premium fuel.

I had a local upholstery shop do the leather and headrest embroidery; with carpet labor $1750. OEM carpet from GM $330. Paint $2750 with bumper cover, door handles, etc and bed removal.

Two weeks for the interior and 2 weeks for the paint provided they get done on Friday as promised.

I did the stereo install as the local shops were outrageous. Simple Kenwood double din with required adapters to retain steering wheel controls, chimes and factory Booooz speakers and amp.

I get 10mpg with 4:56 gears , all the prices look to be more than fair I'm sure you'll enjoy it

• Like 1

I get 10mpg with 4:56 gears , all the prices look to be more than fair I'm sure you'll enjoy it

Hope that isn't your daily driver! This has been my driver since May '03 and in Atlanta at 1-1/2 hour each way and gas at $3-4 it got expensive. Now I'm only 7 minutes from work.
  • Like 1

• Moderators
oldtimer, on 08 Dec 2014 - 9:43 PM, said:

My newest vehicle is a 2003.  Thats' really new for me.  Not too long ago my newest vehicle was a 1991.  Old?  OK, well my handle is Oldtimer....

My truck is almost ready to paint, (everything removed) it's a 1989 :o 3/4 ton Chevy, but it only has 43k miles and needs tires. I am hoping it last as long as me since it really only get's used to go to the hardware store. The other is a 01 jeep Cherokee, no car notes is a big incentive to drive older models for us.

• Like 3

guess I know who would buy that one  :P

I have found it funny how the car manufacturers have turned what used to be a utility vehicle into a near luxury vehicle....................Some pick ups are more plush than a caddy

I did not realize yours was the SS, I knew a guy that had the SS pickup and he sold it to get the SS tahoe which his wife promptly wrecked a couple times 

Edited by joessportster

That's looking beasty!  I am doing a 79 Chevy shortbed 2WD right now. I have no idea what I will do with it.  

Here's a 94 Sierra I bought new. I loved it so much, I brought it back to life and more. The new engine is a fast burn 385 with an MSD Atomic fuel injection as well as March performance front shiny stuff. http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/wvmustangs/slideshow/94%20Sierra

• Like 2

That's looking beasty!  I am doing a 79 Chevy shortbed 2WD right now. I have no idea what I will do with it.  

Here's a 94 Sierra I bought new. I loved it so much, I brought it back to life and more. The new engine is a fast burn 385 with an MSD Atomic fuel injection as well as March performance front shiny stuff. http://s1123.photobucket.com/user/wvmustangs/slideshow/94%20Sierra

Very nice project, that engine bay looks awesome.