THX Ultra ii 2900.00

timdog5000

Which brings me to my point about posting an alert that you have lined up. Youth asked why I would post something before it was mine (KLF C-7), it just drives the price up.  It would be nice if everyone would lay off and let the buyer have a chance of getting " the deal" Yes, it is fair game, but I still live in LaLa  land where people...

If OPUS had posted it, "the deal" might have been interfered with or completely pulled.

Screw it, my point is I'm wasting my breath, everyone for themselves, lets all call the sellers in the alerts section and run the prices through the roof.

Mark

Not only that...but there have been several cases where people have called the seller and let them know they are worth far more than they are asking.

time to update that sig homie! you got better stuff than rf-7's now!!!

Don't you hate when a nice edit gets wiped out?

Ok, don't mean to be on a soapbox but this is a tricky topic.

This is one reason that some Forum members seem to take issue with the ALERTS section of Forum. I don't have an answer, having been recently scooped on a pair of out-of-state Klipsch pro speakers myself. If an Alert appears posted here and a Forum member 'lays claim' (term used very loosely here), by making contact and arrangements with the seller, it seems the gentlemanly thing to do is for others not to pile on, although there is no danger in having a backup bidder on the ready should potential buyer #1's plans not come to fruition. This all depends on the sellers frame of mind and sense of honor as well. I'm sure there are some CL guys who will take the first buck regardless of conversations and plans, or buyers who bid up and scoop the sale. 

The only thing that's worked for me is to have ready cash and when I find a deal - GET IN THE TRUCK NOW. There is a famous story about 'the curly one' where I took off to Center Point Ohio without even the exact directions of where I was headed, I got them later by phone/Forum friends. 

In my photography business and in stage work, I've lived by the Karmic creed of 'You get the gigs you're supposed to get'. I would further extend this to our dilemma here with 'you end up with the Klipsch speakers you're supposed to listen to'. 

Your buddy,

Michael 

p.s. Anyone for tennis? 

Edited by colterphoto1
  • Like 2

My Serve. LOL

I personally have gained more speakers than I've lost due to the alerts section so I like it !

That being said I've never posted an alert. If I'm interested I respond and go right away (Yes I wanna be like Mike)

Besides if I see something you can bet Opusk2k9 has already seen it and posted it or bought it.

I have and will back off if someone does posts they are interested ahead of my making contact but I don't personally post that I'm in or out.

My feeling is if people post in alerts it does alert forum members to good deals and that's a good thing. Not posting still leaves the the rest of the world to contend with. I would rather lose out to a forum member than someone else. 

• Like 3

The Alert section is to alert others on here. No one should be afraid to post what they see as a great deal. If someone has made contact, such as the case here, then others should respect that. But, some are @$$H@t who has no respect and will call the seller to jack the price or shoot someone else out of the deal. If I see a good deal, I'll email someone, call someone or post in the Alert section. What else can be done, let a great deal slip past us all? 

• Like 1

Scott was a nice guy and a man of his word and held the speakers for me.

He was offered more and even had someone try to badmouth me, when he said he was holding them for the first caller.

They said something like: "Oh, is that the guy from IL, he will flake on the deal" or some other idiotic thing.  

Some people have no manners.  Also, I am a bit curious to know how he knew I was from IL.

So, I am the proud owner of the Ultra II set.  The subs were in the original boxes, so they took up a lot of space.  

However, I still managed to fit them all in a Prius V.

I am busy for the next couple of weeks, so I don't know when I will get things setup.  To properly set them up, I will need to build a theater room in the basement, that won't happen for a little while.

• Like 2