WTB Klipsch Epic CF-3, CF-4 or KLF-30's

Thrasher

I am looking for a set of CF-3, CF-4 or KLF-30's. I am in WA State and can drive a little bit to pick up the right set of speakers. Feel free to text me at 360-510-9061 or email me direct at corey-thrasher@hotmail.com if you have something that will work. Thank you much

(small scratches or cosmetic issues aren't a deal breaker, need function...)

Thank you

Corey

• Like 1

Looks like the KLF-20 is a single speaker though.

I love my KLF-30s.

Me too. Some guy sold me his KLF-30's (couldn't audition them) for $250. He obviously knew there was an issue. Sent the crossovers to Bob, and had him but convert the tweeters to Ti, and $250 later I have a great set of speakers.

• Like 1

I have owned almost all of the vintage Klipsch (shorthorn to k-horns, Quartet to Chorus II, and KLF-20 and KLF-30).

If I had to pick only 3 pair, for me it would be the Chorus II, KLF-30, and the La Scala with a sub.

Of the speakers I have sold, the KLF-30 gets the most interest.

• Like 1

I have owned almost all of the vintage Klipsch (shorthorn to k-horns, Quartet to Chorus II, and KLF-20 and KLF-30).

If I had to pick only 3 pair, for me it would be the Chorus II, KLF-30, and the La Scala with a sub.

To be honest, I am just starting to build my system. As of right now, all I have is a Marantz 2270 amp/receiver and was told to seek out some of the above models of Klipsch for the sound I am looking for. I mainly listen to rock, grunge, blues, pop... wide variety.... I like a richer bass, great separation and imaging and the ability to feel the music hitting you, not simply just making noise.... I am open for other models that would do well with that Marantz. Or, if I'd be better off, sideline the Marantz 2270 and start fresh....

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. You do know that you're looking for hen's teeth - right?  :D

Here are some KLF20 for a fair price. 

lol, yes, unfortunately I know that I am looking for sets that are a little harder to find. Hey, I have to try, right? ;)

I see them on here once in awhile...C'mon guys, help me out :)

Yes, you might want to look at some Chorus II and the Cornwall. Like others, I like the KLF30 and hope to put my Epics in service soon.

Looks like the KLF-20 is a single speaker though.

I love my KLF-30s.

Good catch. I was on lunch and did a quick search for the OP without even reading...obviously  :(

:lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard the KLF 20's and 30's side by side and they both sounded amazing.  I would grab the first good deal on either without hesitation.  These speakers were on some vintage Sansui amps and of all the speakers that I have heard, the KLF 20's are still in my head.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

I love my KLF-30s.

Me too....especially after the mods....they really transformed the performance of the speaker.

1. Titanium tweeter diaphrams

2. Titanium midrange diaphrams

3. Extended ports to 7.5"

4. Next is to upgrade the crossovers, although right now I don't 'hear' the need to but gonna do it anyway.

Edited by SWL
  • Like 1

If you could keep only 1 pair?

&

If you could keep only 2 pair?

It seems this speaker has everything against it from the very start:

1. Cabinets falling apart.

2. Lack of bracing.

3. Midrange polarity reversed (from factory)

4. Cheap parts/hardware.

The fact is, when these issues are addressed the speaker takes on a whole new level of performance. I've been lucky enough to implement a few upgrades/tweaks lately that have made me really appreciate the KLF-30 like never before thanks to Moray James and his suggestions.

I love my KLF-30s.

Me too....especially after the mods....they really transformed the performance of the speaker.

1. Titanium tweeter diaphrams

2. Titanium midrange diaphrams

3. Extended ports to 7.5"

4. Next is to upgrade the crossovers, although right now I don't 'hear' the need to but gonna do it anyway.

I'm very curious on the mods for the 30's, could you explain? I already did the titanium upgrades and crossover is next, I like the idea of the longer ports cause they don't dig that deep stock, which had always bothered me.

Edited by marems

I'm very curious on the mods for the 30's, could you explain?

I forgot about adding bracing inside the cabinet to the list.

As far as the ports I followed Moray James' suggestion and I rolled up some cardboard 18" long and inserted it into the existing port flare. You can slide it in and out to see what sounds best to you. I settled on 10" inside the cab and 8" sticking out.

Next I'm gonna try the F-11 acoustical felt over the woofers and throughout the cabinet. Got it ordered...should get it by Friday.

Do a search here and at Audiokarma for KLF upgrades/mods, F-11 acoustical felt, Moray James etc.