nerve racking important decision I need help with

Paducah Home Theater

I just can't decide...

When showing my son the Star Wars movies, do I start with Episode 4 like everybody else over the age of 35 did, then back up and watch the prequels, or do I start with Episode 1, just to have things slow down and hope he doesn't get bored at that point? :)

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Good question, I will wait to see the answers and maby take the general advice considering I have not seen more than 5 minutes of any of them. :o

I know I am freak  :wacko:

This simply cannot be!  At least watch the first set!  I think they can be oversold, but what they were when they came out was nothing short of groundbreaking!  They are cinema history.

That said, after the prequels, I am definitely lowering my expectations on the next trilogy, but I am hopeful!

I just can't decide...

When showing my son the Star Wars movies, do I start with Episode 4 like everybody else over the age of 35 did, then back up and watch the prequels, or do I start with Episode 1, just to have things slow down and hope he doesn't get bored at that point? :)

Stop you right there.  If you have to ask any further it's blasphemy.  How dare you sir?!  Everyone knows the original three are the only Star Wars people should ever start with.  They're damn near essential.  (If I had it my way, they'd be the only three still too).  D: *ramble ramble ramble*

4,5,6 are cinematic genius and I am blown away every time I watch them. 1,2,3 are Hollywood fluff to pimp an established story for easy money and no real expense shooting it in digital. I would have them watch 4,5,6 then just show them the podracer scene which is really the only thing the new ones have going for them.

Now that I think about it, thats pretty much the same pattern that Peter Jackson followed with the Lord of the Rings then The Hobbit...

Now that I think about it, thats pretty much the same pattern that Peter Jackson followed with the Lord of the Rings then The Hobbit...

I don't remember hearing about Frodo racing Bilbo or Gandalf on a podracer. :wacko:  :blink:

Yeah but there was a warg chase led by a sled pulled by bunnies and driven by a crazy guy with a hat covered in bird poop...

Edited by twk123
  • Like 1

The consensus seems to be Episode IV first. For a kid, it is magical. The newer ones would spoil that.

There is something about that opening sequence when the ship goes by and then the Imperial ship just keeps expanding from overhead - it's a great hook!  Also of trivial note is it's one of (if not the) first movies to break with the actors union and not run credits at the beginning which immerses you immediately into the story!

PS - Han shot first!

• Like 1