Gun shooting thread

mustang guy

Tried posting an image as benign as a safe, and I receive a message that "This thread extension is not allowed on this forum"??? How are you guys posting photo's of firearms?  Refuses to allow for me???

It's not so much what you're posting about as much as the file extension (like .IMG) is a type the forum doesn't accept.

• Like 1

My favorite gun is my "Cowboy Gun". It's an American Made Henry Big Boy .44 Mag

Is that the octagon barrel with lever action, if so that is my favorite as well and will be my next gun purchase. 

YES! I wish I could take a picture and send it, but my son scarfed it and it's at Marshall University in his apartment.  :(

You'll shoot your eye out!

Reminds me of a true tale worth repeating.

My Son Paul  and I were in Central Oregon shooting Sage Rats.  So he's sitting in the window and using the top for a bench rest.  He was still in gradeschool (4th Grade) so he could make it work for him.

I heard him shoot and it kinda sounded like I was in a barrel.  Didn't really think too much about it until later in the day when we found a crease in in the top of the car in line with where my head had been inside the car.  When the rifle was held in just the right position he could see the Rat, but not the hood through the scope. 

And that's what happened.  .243 off the top and did not go through.  If it had come through the top it had a good chance of hitting me in the head.

Neither on of us has shot over the top of a car with someone in the car since.

I was the supposely the Adult Rsponsible for SAFETY.  I sure missed the mark that day.

Edited by Taz

You'll shoot your eye out!

Reminds me of a true tale worth repeating.

My Son Paul  and I were in Central Oregon shooting Sage Rats.  So he's sitting in the window and using the top for a bench rest.  He was still in gradeschool (4th Grade) so he could make it work for him.

I heard him shoot and it kinda sounded like I was in a barrel.  Didn't really think too much about it until later in the day when we found a crease in in the top of the car in line with where my head had been inside the car.  When the rifle was held in just the right position he could see the Rat, but not the hood through the scope. 

And that's what happened.  .243 off the top and did not go through.  If it had come through the top it had a good chance of hitting me in the head.

Neither on of us has shot over the top of a car with someone in the car since.

I was the supposely the Adult Rsponsible for SAFETY.  I sure missed the mark that day.

Wait a minute, you sat in a car while a fourth grader took a centerfire rifle, climbed halfway out of the window, and used the roof as a rest over the top of your head? And you didn't consider it to be a bad idea until you saw where the bullet hit the roof? Um.... speechless.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Wait a minute, you sat in a car while a fourth grader took a centerfire rifle, climbed halfway out of the window, and used the roof as a rest over the top of your head? And you didn't consider it to be a bad idea until you saw where the bullet hit the roof? Um.... speechless.

That about covers it. 

We had shot a lot of rats that way.  But no more. 

I'll state that I think my Son grew up to be safer then I did.  Paul grew up shooting a lot more then I did Too.  Shoots Better Too.

• Like 2

These ladies did some shooting.

Twelve female snipers from the Soviet Union's 3rd Shock Army in 1945 with a combined kill count of 775.

Seems like some of the Native American Tribes would turn a prisoner over to the women at times.  So the story goes those women could think of more,, and worse ways to Torture someone and still keep them alive for more.

I tell people my wife is mean due to her Apache ancestors.  But then my Gtandmother told me she had to be mean to put up with me.

:huh: